Ts 2 Dvd

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
mbranco said:
Hi Haggard,
I'm very interested to know your opinion, because I'd like to know more about DVD authoring from Dreambox.

Just a couple of things about Nero:
1) with Nero Express you can, as well as picking multiple .TS files as input files, also doing the usual authoring tasks (cut, titles, chapters, ecc.)
2) several people told me that, even having the last Nero version, they are not able to open .TS file with Nero Express. I think I was able to do that because I've the right codec (I don't know which is the right one between the several I've installed, maybe that one which come with Bitcontrol). I think so because my Nero log says it opened the .TS file using, besides its own "Nero Video Decoder", a component of DirectShow Runtime (quartz.dll).
So I think that, if you are able to look at a .TS file with Windows Media Player, you are able too to open a .TS file with Nero.
3) I think that Nero does a decode and after a re-encode of the stream, because it takes a lot of time (4-5 hours to master a film on dvd); I'd like to find a quickest way, but I'm interested in an unattended solution (one step way).

Hi Mbranco
Spent a lot of time on this a couple of weeks ago without success, I have nero
Start Smart with express in the menu version no 6606. Is this the version of nero you have.

mbranco

Order of "Knight of the Idiot Guide"
Reaction score
Hi John_Graydon,

yes, I've the same version (and for Nero Vision Express: 3.0.1.14).
But, as I wrote before, I think that you must have the right audio/video codecs:
can you see the .TS files in Windows Media Player?
If no, try to install one (for example, BitControl) : after this, Nero is able to open the .TS files.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
mbranco said:
Hi John_Graydon,

yes, I've the same version (and for Nero Vision Express: 3.0.1.14).
But, as I wrote before, I think that you must have the right audio/video codecs:
can you see the .TS files in Windows Media Player?
If no, try to install one (for example, BitControl) : after this, Nero is able to open the .TS files.
It is the re-rendering - 4 hrs that bothers me, it is so unnecessary unless you want to blot out logos and subtitles (can Nero do this?). Altho I have to say that usually re-rendering never seems to harm the quality unless you go down. Now a movie off the DB is typically 2.5GB so it means either DVDs are deliberately undercompressed to make them harder to copy 1->1 or the sat movies are sub quality. I dont see it, so if re-rendering increases the file size, it can't hurt. Re-rendering down might.
When I first started .ts -> DVD 18 months ago, I was working on files captured off Freeview (UK DTT for non UKers) and they had a mean bit rate of 15Mbps in the header -- some short cut to avoid putting the real number in during TX. This caused Ulead MF DVD author to re-render unnecessarily. Wilja, who wrote PVAstrumento, sorted that to the extent that I dont even know if 15 is there or not now. I have my system so smooth that I need some incentive to make me buy the latest Nero -- and then find it doesnt work for me. My method aint broke so i wont fix it. But others -- please -- pioneer the Nero route and tell me what to do.

chuckles

Reaction score
Probably out of order here, but why not use Ngrab? You get one file in MPEG2 then straight on to a DVD, ts dead easy.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
Probably out of order here, but why not use Ngrab? You get one file in MPEG2 then straight on to a DVD, ts dead easy.

Could you start a new thread on using Ngrab, How to record etc to DVD.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Yeah, please write us a V. quick guide, as I want to play too!

:D

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
haggard said:
Sure. Go ahead.

Well Haggard after going back to try again at making a dvd from dreambox ts files I have finally done it. When i got the final 1 ts file after joining them, I ran it through div x to dvd converter and got VIDEO_TS files. I then burned this file to Clone dvd. And hey presto it worked. Now going to make a nice dvd collection out of all my db files. Red hot ones.....

chuckles

Reaction score
There is a new version of DVR-studio - DVR-Studio pro, which has a DVD wizard and claims to creeate a DVD directly from the .ts files.
I've tried and wasted 3 DVD's but I've seen a report from someone who have it working.

Anyone here had any success?

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
There is a new version of DVR-studio - DVR-Studio pro, which has a DVD wizard and claims to creeate a DVD directly from the .ts files.
I've tried and wasted 3 DVD's but I've seen a report from someone who have it working.

No havent tried it yet, will do and let you know how i get on. Do you not use rw discs.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:

Cant seem to load this software. Any ideas. Its hidden, you need admin rights. Maybe you need to buy it 1st. How did you get yours running????

chuckles

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
No havent tried it yet, will do and let you know how i get on. Do you not use rw discs.

I have a load of cheap discs to give to m8's. Need to start experimenting with RW's only from now on.

Link to download here:

_http://www.haenlein-software.de/haenlein-software/index2.php?navigation=dvr-studio-pro&s=2&unav=nav_progs&sprache=english

There is a crack about as well.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
I have a load of cheap discs to give to m8's. Need to start experimenting with RW's only from now on.

Link to download here:

_http://www.haenlein-software.de/haenlein-software/index2.php?navigation=dvr-studio-pro&s=2&unav=nav_progs&sprache=english

There is a crack about as well.

Just cant get it to open, will look around. Trial version

chuckles

Reaction score
john_graydon said:
Just cant get it to open, will look around. Trial version

What cant you get to open? The site or the downloaded file? Just checked and link is OK. It is a trial version but I can send you the hack if you want it.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
chuckles said:
What cant you get to open? The site or the downloaded file? Just checked and link is OK. It is a trial version but I can send you the hack if you want it.

Sent you pm, looks quiet good. Regards

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Loaded up Troy last night. I ftd it to a troy folder using DCC. Joined it using HJ Split. Opened up DVR Studio Pro and opened the folder button. Double clicked on Troy and then loaded the wizzard. Went to bed then. Took disc out this morning and it worked in my dvd player.
Now I have to fine tune it. Things I have to find out is How to ftp it and join with DVR, Editing it (have a fair idea on this) And getting the computer to shut down after writing the disc. I checked the box after i ran the wizzard and it was still on this morning so maybe need to check it before running it again. Done a bit of manual work but you have to keep going back to it. The wizzard seems to be ideal so will keep working at it to perfect it. Oh yes both audio languages loaded but just used the button on the remote and it went to english. When done manually you can select english. The audio is in sync with the picture and very good quality.
Would be great if i can get the dreambox ip to work with it and then it would do what it says with 1 click of the mouse. Any idea on what tributes you give the file on the dreambox.

lovelyperson

Dreamer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2.0m PF dish
1.8m PF Famaval
1.8m PF Marrafa
1.4m Tecatel offset
1.2m dish + Stab HH120
TBS 5925 USB
Octagon SF8008 4k Twin
GTMedia V8 UHD
GTMedia GTcombos x 2
Goldmaster SR525 HD
Sat-illimitè F300 hyper
62.0ºE - 63.0ºW
My Location
Alicante, España
john_graydon said:
Loaded up Troy last night. I ftd it to a troy folder using DCC. Joined it using HJ Split. Opened up DVR Studio Pro and opened the folder button. Double clicked on Troy and then loaded the wizzard. Went to bed then. Took disc out this morning and it worked in my dvd player.
Now I have to fine tune it. Things I have to find out is How to ftp it and join with DVR, Editing it (have a fair idea on this) And getting the computer to shut down after writing the disc. I checked the box after i ran the wizzard and it was still on this morning so maybe need to check it before running it again. Done a bit of manual work but you have to keep going back to it. The wizzard seems to be ideal so will keep working at it to perfect it. Oh yes both audio languages loaded but just used the button on the remote and it went to english. When done manually you can select english. The audio is in sync with the picture and very good quality.
Would be great if i can get the dreambox ip to work with it and then it would do what it says with 1 click of the mouse. Any idea on what tributes you give the file on the dreambox.

:) Glad to see you are winning!!

Like yourself, just getting to grips with this amazing prog. May be reading you wrong John, but the DVR prog joins it automatically within the wizard. Editing is simple, start cut and finish cut. You can select which languages you want to edit if required. There IS an option to shut the PC down after writing.

As usual I am in a rush, but to sum up, the program is great, did 5 trial runs, all came out perfect. As I said will tackle more in depth later. Off to Madrid now for a few days but will log in to check your progress. Apologies if I have read your notes wrong.

All in all guess this prog is what we have been waiting for, not as exciting as TMPGenc etc but what results!! :eek:

Best of luck.

Cheers ;) lovelyperson

chuckles

Reaction score
I would suggest that you get hold of DreamTSman V1.0.2. This program will ftp to your box and give you the option of downloading files as "one". Its very stable and seems to prevent some errors on FTP.

Its freeware also!