My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish 0.3 lnb
Motek SG2100a Motor
Compro PCI DVB-S Card
Athlon 2600+ 1.5GB Ram XP Pro
iMac 2.4 10.5.2 :)
My Location
North West UK
Hi everyone. Had my DM800 for a few days, been a bit of struggle to get it all working. It is working now, sort of. I have noticed that in the SNR readings im only getting 18% 10% etc on strong satellites like 19.2E and 13.0E???

Im also unable to get 1W now, previously with my DVB-S card in my PC I had no problems picking it up?

Am I missing something here, or does the DM800 have a poor tuner? Or maybe is it faulty?

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Thanks Andy

magnop

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none
My Location
PT
Hi,

Same problem here! Hopefully some sw bug that will be solved.

rato

International Administrator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800; Nokia 9800s; Nokia 9902S w/T-Rex 3.66
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
Technisat 33 dish; Pace DS430N + Humax HDCI-2000 w/
Gibertini OP 1.25m dish w/Inverto 0.3dB. & Invacom 0.2dB. w/ Spaun SAR 411;
CAS 3;FUN7; SkyStar2; AltDVB;
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
Beleive it or not, the tuner in my DM800 is more stable and has more sensitivity than my Humax HDCI-2000 receiver. Maybe it's the Humax tuner that is shot, all I know is the channels that I used to struggle with the Humax is now viewable on the DM800. Go figure:confused....

andyman502

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish 0.3 lnb
Motek SG2100a Motor
Compro PCI DVB-S Card
My Location
North West UK
Wish I could say the same. I have contacted dream about this, they told me to do a software update which I have already done to no avail. 1W sill non existent. Im on 13E now with 17%.

I think the scanning software is 'ignoring' 1W because of the SNR bug, it must be too low to register.

I hope they fix this soon.

Andy

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
I've seen in other forums(namely the Dream support forum),here is an issue with the tuner of the DM800. I saw in the German section the first threads were about the DM's tuner. So I hope they can sort it out a soon as possible.

agkouri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 on single satellite 13E
My Location
Cyprus
andyman502 said:
Wish I could say the same. I have contacted dream about this, they told me to do a software update which I have already done to no avail. 1W sill non existent. Im on 13E now with 17%.

I think the scanning software is 'ignoring' 1W because of the SNR bug, it must be too low to register.

I hope they fix this soon.

Andy

Hey man, I am having this problem as well but my major problem is that I am trying to flash the latest Gemini image onto the box and the flashing process goes on flawlessly. However when it begins to boot it reaches a point and then it restarts. It enters into this restart loop and basically it wont work.

It only works with DMM original image. Any of you guys came across this situation? Comments?

It may be the tuner bug causing the restart loop i don't know.

andyman502

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish 0.3 lnb
Motek SG2100a Motor
Compro PCI DVB-S Card
My Location
North West UK
Are you flashing it with the correct image for the DM800? You need to use:

The Gemini2 Project 3.50 DM800

Other than that how are you flashing it? I think there is a guide in the stickies section, you should flash it via the Web interface rather than the serial connection, just use the DreamUp software to boot the device, then on the little OLED screen there is an IP address, pop that in your browser and you will have a website to flash with.

Its all in the guide.

Ive not had the reboot problem. My tuner problem is still here 26% etc, I can now however pick up 1W which I couldn't do before, my calibration was slightly out with USALs.

I hope they update the drivers soon to solve these little problems.

I have had a problem when you remove the power supply for longer than 15 seconds it wont boot again. I think this is another common fault :(

agkouri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
andyman502 said:
Are you flashing it with the correct image for the DM800? You need to use:

The Gemini2 Project 3.50 DM800

Other than that how are you flashing it? I think there is a guide in the stickies section, you should flash it via the Web interface rather than the serial connection, just use the DreamUp software to boot the device, then on the little OLED screen there is an IP address, pop that in your browser and you will have a website to flash with.

Its all in the guide.

Ive not had the reboot problem. My tuner problem is still here 26% etc, I can now however pick up 1W which I couldn't do before, my calibration was slightly out with USALs.

I hope they update the drivers soon to solve these little problems.

I have had a problem when you remove the power supply for longer than 15 seconds it wont boot again. I think this is another common fault :(

Yeah thats the image I am using off their official database (Gemini's)

I've tried every possible way man, serial + ethernet

I even tried the power on/off button method

All methods I used were ok during the process. In the loading screen during boot, Gemini logos comes up and everything 'loading enigma' and all and then it starts doing the restart loop

I dunno i've just found out that some other guy had the same issue here in the UK. The dealership replaced his tuner and he now claims its fine, guess I was one of the unlucky ones.

andyman502

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Dish 0.3 lnb
Motek SG2100a Motor
Compro PCI DVB-S Card
My Location
North West UK
So are you saying they had the whole tuner swapped? Maybe we need to get our tuners swapped, or the whole unit?

By the way did you do a software update on the original software. There is a tuner update which is supposed to fix the problem.

Can anyone else with a DM 800 state their signal strength on either 13E or 19.2E ??

Im getting about 22%

Thanks Andy

agkouri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
Hey

yes I performed the updates with the original DMM image and still no change ....

SNR remains at around 16-18% AGC 99% BER 0

I have no idea whats going on but once again the only image that will boot is the original DMM, it doesn't fix the problem though...

All the other images won't boot.

I am sure its not my satellite equipment as the work perfectly with my DM500 with normal levels SNR .....

don'tknowdon'taskme

Part Timer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 800HD DreamBox 7025 PVR160g HD,500s Dreambox ,Sly+ Full Package,SkyCard 2, And a Eagle 500 Clone DM500 TM755,TM9100 Linux
Channel Master 1.2m,1224EL Supermount Orbit Tracking Motor With c120 Feed Horn Invacom Quad Lnb Cas3 SC Dragon Progr
My Location
that would be telling
i have the same problem with the reloop on reboot i just pull the plug and it starts ok but the signal is rubbish i get 16-25 signal on sky which should be 80-90.
was thinking it could be the lnb as it is a old sky one and not a digital one like my invacom.
but sounds more like the tuner as i have read a lot about this on other sat forums.
wot do you think wait for a software patch or change the tuner?.

Prophessor

Folding*home
Reaction score
Website
koizo.sourceforge.net
My Satellite Setup
[ Relook 250S ]
My Location
Madeira
agkouri said:
SNR remains at around 16-18% AGC 99% BER 0

don said:

To me it looks like it's a faulty tuner and firmware bug. I would replace the unit and hope for the best, no need for more grief.

Ickx

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini OP-150
Gibertini Polarmount
Triax TD110
Triax Polarmount
Dreambox 7000
Dreambox 800 HD-PVR
Samsung DSR 9500 AY
Moteck Vbox2
My Location
Norway
agkouri said:
Hey man, I am having this problem as well but my major problem is that I am trying to flash the latest Gemini image onto the box and the flashing process goes on flawlessly. However when it begins to boot it reaches a point and then it restarts. It enters into this restart loop and basically it wont work.

It only works with DMM original image. Any of you guys came across this situation? Comments?

It may be the tuner bug causing the restart loop i don't know.

Hello mate!

Have you tried replacing the drivers in "/lib/modules/2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra/" with the newest one? You can download them from HERE

Use WinRAR to open the downloaded file. Copy them to folder on your desktop, and then use a ftp-prog and copy them to /lib/modules/2.6.12-5.1-brcmstb-dm800/extra/ (this can all be done while the box is "looping")

Now you have the latest drivers. Pull the power for 10 secs and boot it up again.

agkouri

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Cyprus
don said:
i have the same problem with the reloop on reboot i just pull the plug and it starts ok but the signal is rubbish i get 16-25 signal on sky which should be 80-90.
was thinking it could be the lnb as it is a old sky one and not a digital one like my invacom.
but sounds more like the tuner as i have read a lot about this on other sat forums.

Right, here is the deal....

After having the problems I have stated earlier, I opened up a ticket with DMM support.

Regarding the ongoing restart loop with all images other than DMM one:
After talking it out with DMM support, we reached the conclusion that it was a faulty tuner. I managed to convince the dealership to replace my tuner with that of a brand new HD 800 as they would not replace the whole unit claiming that it worked fine with the original DMM image. They didn't have any parts (tuner) for the DM 800 as it is a brand new product. So the box now boots fine and everything....

However,

The tuner SNR % problem is still there, but it does not affect reception in any way. I've talked this out with DMM support and their official reply was:

"The "problem" of the SNR is known but software-related (it just displays low
levels even they are higher in real), we will fix this as soon as possible
with a software-update."

So there you go.....

Hope this makes the picture a lot more clearier for those who came up with the same problems. I guess we'll have to wait for a software update. I've managed to access HD suisse from SRG SSR idee suissee on hotbird 13 (Euro 2008 in HD) and looks awesome! so the SNR bug doesn't affect reception....

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Just to confirm on this subject. I too show low levels of reception on my DM800 but having scanned the arc from 28e to 30w everything is working spot on. No reception problems at all. Bring on the update DMM !

rato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
w/ Inverto IDLP-40TL +
My Location
Setubal, Portugal
B16MCC said:
Just to confirm on this subject. I too show low levels of reception on my DM800 but having scanned the arc from 28e to 30w everything is working spot on. No reception problems at all. Bring on the update DMM !

Same here. :)