TurkSat 4A is testing @ 50 east

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turksat KA.webp

Turksat 4A.webp

19750 L 2222 3/4 with Eutelsat Ka Band .
 
Well I am pleasantly suprised. I have been looking for 50East for some time.I know that my elevation is out a bit.
So am surprised to get it.Just got back from the pub so I could be wrong.:rolleyes:. Not for the first time.:rolleyes:
 

Attachments

  • TURKSAT_TANITIM2_0500 12298_V_27500_20140406_214447.webp
    TURKSAT_TANITIM2_0500 12298_V_27500_20140406_214447.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 50E.webp
    50E.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 58
Start a new transponder(promo):12380 V,27500,5/6:
 

Attachments

  • 12380 V-50E-Turksat.webp
    12380 V-50E-Turksat.webp
    132.9 KB · Views: 55
Anyone locking any transponder please, I am getting nothing here at the moment.
I guess atm all transmissions are on the east beam. No lock, though the spectrum envelope shows activity. -> bigger dish or move eastwards ;)
 
I guess atm all transmissions are on the east beam. No lock, though the spectrum envelope shows activity. -> bigger dish or move eastwards ;)
Thanks BlindFath, I have a bigger dish:), I just need to fit it, I am making my own mount that should be finished in the next few weeks.
DSCN5607.webp
 
DSCN0461.webp Turksat 4A Ku band coverage.4a-tr.webp

2 test transponders now no signals here was very strong on the European beam with a 80cm dish.
 
Nothing happening here now on this satellite.
 
Same Question As Martin ...
I just want to log this birds position into the Gbox ...so anything will do ..
Is this position 50E it's permanent home or will it be moved ..
if so ..
Where to and when ?
rgds
VS
 
Ok ..gone to page one of the thread ..which is what I should have done in the first place ..
Since it's presumably finished testing ..and likely to shift within weeks ...
I guess no point in logging it in ..
Unless there are still active test transponders ?
 
Might be worth logging simply because Turksat 4B is due for launch in the not too distant future and will probably be tested at 50E as well.
 
Same Question As Martin ...
I just want to log this birds position into the Gbox ...so anything will do ..
Is this position 50E it's permanent home or will it be moved ..
if so ..
Where to and when ?
rgds
VS

Tursat 4A is only here for testing & will move to 42 east on the completion of these tests,
Turksat 4A will then replace 2A @ 42 east but the current amount of Tps may go down due to less capacity @ 42 east,

Maybe Turksat will move some TV to the new locations ?

42 east Turksat 2A 34 Ku tps may move to 50 east
42 east Turksat 3A 24 Ku tps
42 east Turksat 4A 28 Ku tps 24 Ka tps + 1 C (Test @ 50 east)
50 east Turksat 4B 18 Ku band tps (Launch July 2014) New Location for Turksat 4B is 50 east

52 east Turkmen sat 37 Ku band tps (Launch Dec 2014)

31 east Turksat 5A 16 Ku + 4 C tps (Launch 2nd 1/2 2015.
 
Thanks for the replies guys ...
I _would_ like to log this position AS ..but nothing visible as a reference ..
49 East Yamal being C band only ..
So can't even use this ..
rgds
VS
 
I shall be rigging an lnb for this slot now Im back off holiday & hope we get a few tests on the Euro beam. :)
 
Thanks for the replies guys ...
I _would_ like to log this position AS ..but nothing visible as a reference ..
49 East Yamal being C band only ..
So can't even use this ..
rgds
VS

is the turksat promo still running on IS5 11.665.v.2222.dvbs/mpeg2 as it is at 50.1e although inclined slightly
 
is the turksat promo still running on IS5 11.665.v.2222.dvbs/mpeg2 as it is at 50.1e although inclined slightly
According to Orbitron ..she's currently a full 1 degree elevated ..but in descent ...so have entered data into the F15 ..and will keep a watchful eye on her..
rgds
VS
 
My fun will soon begin with this, and I might be looking further a field once my 1.8 is in action, I do well with the 1.2 CM, atm, I can not wait to get my new toy in place and up and running,

And when money permits the 1.8 will have full auto tracking for inclined orbits :) ,
 
Well fwiw ..either the Turksat promo was ceased ..or simply I am too far out of footprint..
Both Carl and Tom were pointed at what I believed to be 50.1E at the point where Orbitron reported the latitude at zero ..
the F15 monitoring 11.665.v.2222 ..and no signal was ever observed here ..
not even a hint ..
rgds
VS
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top