TURKSAT - Akilli Tv, Tuning Issue....

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Fortec Star Fs4200 - Fixed dish
My Location
Preston, UK
Hi people, my first post on here, looking for some help....

i am trying to pick up akilli tv here in the uk.... it was working fine until a few months ago - then suddenly stopped.

I have re-scanned for new channels/frequencies but had no luck. All the other channels i had before seem to still be working fine, and i have even picked up some i previously didnt have!!

any idea what the problem is?

i got back from turkey on friday, and while i was there i got the frequency - 12562 V 25000 for akilli tv, i have tried to create this on my box and it still says no channel found....

i hope you can help me....

my reciever is a Fortec-star Fs4200 and i have a fixed dish

kind regards

Dj Maxi

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Got a new Dect phone or BT Homehub by any chance??

If so unplug the base unit(s) at the wall and see if the signal reappears.

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
hi Analoguesat,

i havent added (or removed) anything within my a/v setup - my setup has been the same for a long time, and everything was and still is working fine - just Akilli Tv is dead!!!

Anything else you can suggest for me to try??

Dj Maxi

NukePower

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Bush HD freesat & 2 modified 2nd hand Technomate boxes. 43 & 1000cm dishes, selection of lnb's & couple of motor. Desktop computer, windows XP home. BT slowband. Used (£7) digital camera from charity shop.
My Location
sizewell suffolk
strong signal for that channel here.
NP

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
Nukepower,

can u be a bit more helpful - other than just sayin 'strong signal for that channel here'!!????

ie. what frequency u getting the channel on, what quality the picture is.... or how i can get my fortecstar box to pick up at my home in preston???

thanks

Dj Maxi

sonnetpete

Grumpy Old Retired Moderator and quiz inquisitor..
Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

Seperate 80 cm dish on 28E with a Humax Freesat for SWMBO.
Free Sat V8 meter. Sony Bravia 46" LCD, Sony BluRay and Home Cinema.
My Location
Normandy, France
I'm pulling in Akilli at 86 strength / 74 quality on the transponder you quoted. Having said that, 70 quality is where the signal on my Vantage drops out so it's not a brilliant result. Most of the other transponders on Turksat are in the 80 to 85 quality range for me. I think they've just put that particular channel on a lower powered transponder.

Maybe you can improve it by peaking up your dish slightly, it may be very slightly out of alignment. When the transponder is borderline being a fraction out can make all the difference. Other than that you don't mention what size dish you are using, maybe an increase in size would help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Got it fine here on the frequency you mention above, watching it now, coming in pretty much the same as other transponders. The intermediate frequency for that transponder is 1,962 Mhz, could be affected as Analoguesat mentions above by DECT devices, could perhpas be a neighbour's phone?

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
thanks sonnetpete and rolfw,

i have been up the ladder today re-adjusted the dish using my meter - it hasnt made any difference to the channels im getting.

the transponder list on my box shows 90% singal strength on all of them - and the signal quality fluctuates between 73% and 80%.... so from what i gether thats isnt bad at all.... just that one transponder for akilli tv is missing..... 12562 v 25000....

my dish is only a 60cm job, but has done me fine for over 18months - and as mentioned previously i was getting akilli tv just fine!

im going to try and find a slightly bigger dish (dont know if that'l improve things) - but apart from that can anyone suggest anything else???

thanks

Dj Maxi

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup
Laminas 1.2M fibre dish with an IBU, on a Clarke Tech USALS motor, covering 57E - 24.5W to an Octagon SX88. Displayed on a 20" Dyon LED TV.

My Location
Normandy, France
If you are getting a quality reading between 73 & 80% a bigger dish may not help. I'm recieving it at 87S/80Q this evening. I would think along the lines of Rolfw's suggestion, that it could be a neighbours phone. Do you know anyone with a receiver you could borrow and connect up to your dish and check if the problem remains the same?

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
i'l try and borrow a reciever from a friend and try that - possibly 2mrw.

i went into the TP settings section and manually 'created' 12562 v 25000.... then did a search on this, but it said no channel found.... is it possible that im making an error somewhere? or missed something out?? i just find it odd that i have such good signal strength and quality, and can pick up all the other transponders (and a whole heap of channels) .... but the one i really want wont show up!!!

im not an expert on satellites, my main line of work is car audio and security and Dj'ing.... so i have a fair bit of technical 'know how'.... so any instructions you can throw my way would help.... the instructions that came with the fortec star reciever is basic and doesnt say how to add extra channels/transponders...

i have emailed fortec star (as they dont have a tech helpline) but havent recieved a reply yet.....

thanks for taking time to reply....

Dj Maxi

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Only other thing I can think of is a bit of a long shot. However.......

Is it possible on the Fortec to manually search that individual transponder? If so, try searching for all or scrambled channels, as the Fortec may, for some unknown reason, be detecting Akilli as scrambled and not picking it up. My receiver sometimes does this, or even picks up a scrambled channel as FTA until the encryption kicks in after a few seconds.

I think this is perhaps desperation but maybe that's where we are now!! Trying another receiver is the best way proving what the problem is though.

Pete

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
hey guys,

just thought id update you.... i changed the lnb and borrowed a friends Horizon digital satellite finder meter and re-aligned my dish..... and boom it all seems to be working fine now!!!!

i have all the channels i had before, plus some extra ones including Akilli Tv which is was missing!!!

thank you to all of you that took the time to try and help me with this issue.... nice 1

dj maxi

sonnetpete

Reaction score
Website
wordpress.com
My Satellite Setup

My Location
Normandy, France
Hey!! Nice result. Obviously the LNB might have helped but probably using a better meter to align the dish did the trick. Well done!

Dj-Maxi

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Preston, UK
thanks sonnetpete,

the digital satellite finder gizmo was definately a big help - the little one i was using before with the needle an just the bleeping/buzzing wasnt very helpfull....

its all been a nice learning example for me, hopefuly if i have to do a job for any1 in the future it'l be a little bit easier.... i hope!!! lol

thanks again mate....

Dj Maxi