Just Sharing This Turksat East beam reception in the East of England

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
100cm dish + Edision Primo S2

ELTR 42 east 11022 H 2220
DSCN2839.webpDSCN2840.webpDSCN2841.webpDSCN2842.webp
 
Nice. I used to be able to catch the Eastern beam on my then-installed Fibo 120 on whatever satellite was up there in 2012 but haven't tried recently.

I know @nelson_b used to catch one radio frequency on his Alcoa 1.8m dish in the past too.
 
Nice. I used to be able to catch the Eastern beam on my then-installed Fibo 120 on whatever satellite was up there in 2012 but haven't tried recently.

I know @nelson_b used to catch one radio frequency on his Alcoa 1.8m dish in the past too.

I did indeed - but then everything changed - the radio t.p. frequency changed and the coverage beam - so that even the 2.4 c.m could not get it .... but i have good broadband now and can listen to "radioeksen" via the internet :)
Big Dishes are down undergoing maintenance / changes currently ... only my motorized 1.2 c.m. in use, no point in trying Turksat east beams with that one up here in the north :(
 
Last edited:
No reception last night from East beam,
Good signals this morning with no fading so did a full Blind Scan but nothing else materialised just the one transponder found on the East beam.
 
Coming in OK this morning if on the weak side. Kyrgyz channel but all translation is into Russian. Will see what other channels are available here.

1_0_1_1_B0_B1_1A42B0D_0_0_0 (2).webp
 
Nothing else.

Just under lock for 12089H.
5.2dB on 12245H (under lock)

Turkish beam, as opposed to East one, seems to be somewhat stronger. I suspect a 2.4m dish would get a lot of those.
 
East beam a bit stronger this morning,
42E 11022 H DVB-S/MPEG-22220 3/4 ELTR (Kyrgyzstan)

100cm Gibby + SX88+

DSCN2906[1].webp
 
Back
Top