TV Cabo - no cards???

Tuga

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I was given a phone number to call and arrange a subscription to TV Cabo and so I did.
Now the problem…they told me that TV Cabo doesn’t sell cards, they only sell the card AND the box together, and that costs £319 with installation, and that excludes subscription! )(-red
I already have a receiver and don’t need another one.

Does anyone know any different or am I screwed well and truly? O-no
Has anyone got some phone number/e-mail that I can call regarding this issue?

Many thanks in advance,

Tuga

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
hi tuga. what reciever do you have? rob43

Tuga

Reaction score
Hi rob43

My receiver is a Manhattan 5500 2CI-IR.
It has an embebed cam and 2 CI slots. it is supposed to have been patched with 6in1 but i can't (dont know how to) confirm this.

Thanks!

Tuga

Reaction score
Oi!

Obrigado.

The problem with the matrix reloaded is that no one knows for how long it will work on Hispasat, it could change tomorrow. I really wouldn’t mind to pay approx £15 (Portuguese price) for a sub to TV Cabo. Unfortunately what "they" told me was that using TV Cabo's cards with a non-cabo box is illegal. I somehow don’t believe it can be true.

But in the end if I have to choose between paying for a box I don’t need + installation + sub = >£400 or MR then I think there is only 1 one way forward! And we all know it….

Thanks

Tuga

rob43

Reaction score
My Location
canaries
Tuga said:
Oi!

Obrigado.

The problem with the matrix reloaded is that no one knows for how long it will work on Hispasat, it could change tomorrow. I really wouldn’t mind to pay approx £15 (Portuguese price) for a sub to TV Cabo. Unfortunately what "they" told me was that using TV Cabo's cards with a non-cabo box is illegal. I somehow don’t believe it can be true.

But in the end if I have to choose between paying for a box I don’t need + installation + sub = >£400 or MR then I think there is only 1 one way forward! And we all know it….

hi tuga. it could be a box something like the orbit one for arabsat on 26e. they use a humax with the software embedded, so no need for cards. rob43

Tuga

Reaction score
Thanks again rob43!

I asked my brother to contact technical support in Portugal and ask about the whole thing, boxes, cards, cams etc. knowing him it might take a few days (lazy g***). I'll let you all know what ever info he comes back with!

Thanks

Tuga.