TV to come through mains supply

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Soon you could be piping digital TV around your home via power sockets.

At the Cebit technology fair, German hi-tech firm Devolo is showing off home networking technology that can handle signals from a set top box.

More from the BBC

AForester

01LD1E
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
a variety of lnb's (5), dishes (2), diseqc motors (3) and receivers (4).
My Location
East of Cambridge (GB).
I thought that one of our electricity boards/suppliers was looking into that sometime last year.
AF

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I am amazed they managed to even make those old telephone wires compatible with current Broadband and digital TV...

Amazing what they can do.:-worship

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
National grid have been looking at data over power cable for years, can you imagine the DIY nightmares this would foster. :-lmao

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
Motorised dish, dvd players and recorders; a freeview box, broadband, VCRs, four TVs, mobiles, pcs, a mac, Ipod, digital cameras...the lot!
My Location
North Tyneside
I hear you might be able to get digital TV and Broadband through gas pipes...

Clever. ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, that'd be good, turn up the fire and the TV signal attenuates. :-lmao

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
And they're also working on a dial-up connection on grand-dad's false teeth. The wonders of technology. :D

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
:eek:
Saturlight said:
I hear you might be able to get digital TV and Broadband through gas pipes...

Clever. ;)

I think U have to breath it first :)

I do have a netgear wall electrical ethernet system :eek:

There is only one problem, it won´t run under Vista:-Nooo
So I sent it back (Netgear supplied the return postage)

Asked them to call back when it was sorted:p

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
The house I live in now, still had the old Redifusion box on the wall. I suppose that was the first cable TV, back in the early 1970s. :)

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
Saturlight said:
The house I live in now, still had the old Redifusion box on the wall. I suppose that was the first cable TV, back in the early 1970s. :)

It was, and it required a special VHF TV and had a selector switch on the wall indoors, and usually people got BBC, 2 ITV regions and Radio2... :D

I'm in a real cable-mood today... :D

Saturlight

Reaction score
Website
www.yoootube.com
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Tyneside
Could you re-active my box, m8? :D

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Saturlight said:

Yeah sure, all you need is a DeLorean fitted with a flux capacitor and some time circuits and you can have your line reactivated, albiet you'll be stuck in the 50's, 60's or 70's.... :p

leighpreece

Vintage Sat enthusiast!
Reaction score
Website
www.m5gwh.net
My Satellite Setup
90cm Dish. Dual Lemon LNB for 13E/19E. Twin Output Lemon LNB for 28.8E.
Samsung 9500 with 'alternative' firmware.
Couple of DigiBoxes. Amateur Radio station. Going Bald with a patient wife!
My Location
Stoke on Trent, UK.
Saturlight said:

I'll pop round later with my cutters and screwdriver and reconnect the wires to 10 Gold or Mirrorvision for you if you like. Cost you a cup of coffee and to tell your neighbours I'm just cleaning the windows and giving the box a polish!

Want me to move the channel to a different letter on the selector switch for you? Got to go - Suni is on Music Box in a minute followed by Mick Robertson!

Leigh....

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
leighpreece said:
I'll pop round later with my cutters and screwdriver and reconnect the wires to 10 Gold or Mirrorvision for you if you like. Cost you a cup of coffee and to tell your neighbours I'm just cleaning the windows and giving the box a polish!

Want me to move the channel to a different letter on the selector switch for you? Got to go - Suni is on Music Box in a minute followed by Mick Robertson!

Leigh....

:-rofl2 :-rofl2 :-rofl2

Love the sarcasm!!! :D

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Saturlight said:
Way back before then. British Relay Wireless started well before WW2, becoming British Relay after the war to provide cable TV.

In fact, my first job as a technician at Pye Radio/TV in the late 50's was to test Pye's tellys destined for BRW.

Llew