TVCABO and Hispasat

F

fogo

I've just returned from Portugal and was told that a satellite system called TVCABO on the Hispasat Satellite was possible to catch in North America with the right size dish.

Apparently the receiver is like a Direct TV receiver with sometype of prog. card.

I'd like some help on whether this satellite signal intended for Europe/Portugal can be received in North America?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

fogo

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Doesn't look like it from the FOOTPRINT of SPANISH BEAM , but there is an Americas beam which does not show a footprint. Look at THIS PAGE for details of what is available on the Americas beam.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
The Americas beam footprint is actually shown on the same page as the Spanish beam, at bottom. It covers about 75% of North America, but by the time you get out West towards California, the sat has dropped below the horizon.

In any event, it's all academic. Only a subset of the channels available on Hispaset are actually carried on the Americas beam, and it does not include TVCabo...

2old

bilinho

Reaction score
My Location
Quebec, Quebec, Canada
Fogo. I've got a friend who worked for TVCabo and there was people in the united states watching their channels. They had a tvcabo receiver and paid directly to tvcabo in portugal. So yes it is possible. you should ask for information directly to them

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
You are replying to a thread that was last posted on in 2002, the situation has for sure change a bit in the last 6 years I think you will agree

Prosate

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 Super, 90 cm motorised dish, Diablo 2.3 and cas programmer
My Location
London, UK
Hi Rolf,

Did you get my request?