Twin LNB help. Complete Novice

Lebowski25

Reaction score
Hi there

Each LNB on the dish has one cable coming out of it. 1st one is 19.2 Astra. The 2nd LNB is Hotbird 13.E

I don't really require the astra so can i move the Astra LNB to get Hotbird?
All I have plugged in to the original satellite (Manhattan) is the new Hotbird cable. The other cable is loose and not attached to anythilng.

The new satellite will be connected to the hotbird cable and the older box put in a different room so 2 different channels can be watched in seperate rooms.

This is a lot more confusing than i first thought. I'm just looking for the simplest way of adding a 2nd receiver.
modify_inline.gif

It is 2 separate LNB's not a monoblock

can I not physically move the astra LNB to the hotbird position ? or do I need to replace the Hotbird LNB with the dual LNB?

I'm not really fussed about the astra channels. (The LNB and cable have not been used for over 3years)

Any advice / help would be appreciated
modify_inline.gif

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Hi,

To run two receivers form one dish both running from the same satellite you need a twin LNB, which has two outputs. Just take off the current single LNB and replace it with a twin.

See example of a TWIN LNB below.(Inverto Silvertech twin)

View attachment 16250

Robbo:)

Attachments

• IDLP-40TLplus(front).jpg
    IDLP-40TLplus(front).jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 34

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
To get HB twice, you indeed need mutliple outputs from the HB LNB.
You can move your Astra LNB, but there's no way to put two LNBs in the same position, now is there?
Depending on where you live and the size of your dish, 28E might be a nice suggestion for relocation

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK

Lebowski25

Reaction score
Cheers for the advice guys. The dual LNB was simple to replace and everything works really well.

Thanks again