Twinhan and Matrix Revolution,bad combo?

jeholen

Reaction score
Hi, I've tried for several days to get this working without any luck.

Some say that the MRR CAM is working with Twinhan compatible cards (mine is an PCTV SAT CI), some say it don't. The card is installed with VP-1020(Blue) VP-1030 (Yeallow) drivers, WinDTV V2.2, MyTheatre and ProgDVB.

All FTA channels are ok. (with or without the CAM in CI slot)
All three progs (WinDTV, MyTheatre and ProgDV:cool: sees the CAM when inserted but all reports some sort of error:

WinDTV - Session closed or error on CI module
MyTheatre - CI Slot #1 unnamed
ProgDVB - CAM Error

I've also tried inserting a Original Subscriber Smart Card (Conax Canal Digital) into the CAM, same result.

The Matrix Revolution is upgraded to 2.05 using a laptop & pcmcia with UCAS Loader V1.21.

So, does anyone have this combo work, or should I get rid of the whole PC TV Sat CI card and get Hauppenage Nexus-S or (cheaper) a standalone receiver capable of reading the Matrix CAM, e.g the KAON KSC570?

Nice if someone who's actually tried the MRR and PCTV SAT CI could verify if this works or not, I feel I've wasted a few hours to much already...

JE Holen

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Apart from reading ther original card (if the cam worked) there is little benefit to using the cam, as MyTheatre with the right plugins will do what you want.

jeholen

Reaction score
Yepp, I know. Both ProgDVB and MyTheater is working with SoftCAM, however I want to have the option to use my subscribed Conax card as they change keys rather often. (and of course for fun, to see if the MRR is working better than Softcam, as I suspect it will do when I get the things rolling...)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may have more luck with an earlier version of the MR software, but the PC Cards can be a bit picky with CAMS, my old Pent@vision wouldn't recognise anything other than a standard CAM.

lean_moha

Reaction score
Hi

I've got the same card as you "Pinnacle" right? well surfice to say I've not tried out any subscriber services yet due to dish setup issues. But my older version of MR CAM (MR Reloaded CAM 1.80) if I remember corectly works fine if only it causes the images to jerk when pluged in and for some reason when removed I've gotto run a transponder search on ProgDVB before running the official pinnacle DVB software otherwise it crashes and I've gotto reboot cos task manager won't close it.

I'm told that the jerking could be an issue of the cam's speed and the signal I'm currently able to pick up. however I'm still unsuccessfully trying to learning to use those stupid softcam things on the czech and slovak link stations just to save me from the jerking thing when I finally get my system properly set up and subcribe.

I don't know but you said you had TwinHan drivers installed I could never get my card to work with any of those drivers so if your card works and the cam doesn't that may be part of the problem. But I'm only guessing here I may simply have run the wrong TwinHan drivers or not installed them proberly.

Reaction score
I currently have skyview50541 latest verison and prog dvb as well as my theatre.

Can you tell me how to get the right plugins to receive all channels including updating of keys as i have softcam keys & yansee dll which decodes alot ppv chanels but not all like sexview, sct, 247 s_x, s_x tv & free x tv for these cannels I will need a plugin that can update these keys so i can receive channels listed above as i have not found anybody or anywhere to get keys for these particular channels.