Two Cards - One Box

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello All

Is it possible to use a Subscription Card and a FTV card at the same time - not at the same moment obviously - but to use them alternatley over any given period?

I read somewhere that the 'deactivate' when not plugged in, and can take some time to re-activate.

When I ordered a FTV Card from BBC today they advised me not to activate it before the Sky Subcription ran out, as this would cut out my Sky reception.

This doesn't sound right, but I would welocme any experience.

ALSO.

When you phone 08702 438000 they say in the 'into' that they cannot discuss Sky or ITV, I feel certain that I have read that the FTV card will clear ITV1 but not ITV2, can someone confirm this.

Regards

W. Hole

PoloMint

Super Minty Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1200cc with 100,000,000,000 neurons and 100,000,000,000,000 connections
My Location
Fife, Scotland
Yes you can indeed have a Sky card and FTV card both working with one box.

This exploits a little known issue that the box has no idea what card is supposed to work with it, but the card knows which box it is supposed to work with and therefore many cards can all ‘think’ that they are supposed to work one particular box.

U.K. FTV cards let you view all ITV1 regions but not ITV2.

As far as cards de-activating themselves are concerned I have never heard of any actual cases, but to play safe swap the cards around often (eg make sure that each of them is in for at least one night a week)

Also you mention a cancelled Sky sub, do you know that a cancelled Sky card still gives you all FTV channels for that region?

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Polomint

Thanks for that info.

It was pretty much as I thought, but I wanted someone to confirm it to me.

Regarding Cancelled Sky Sub/Card - yes I was aware, but the plot runs a bit deeper than that.

Kind regards

W. Hole

methos_de

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace Ver.3 SKY+ box
1,20m Dish
Quad Invacom 0, 3db LNB

P4 3,4 ghz
1024mb RAM
Geforce 256mb 6800 Ultra
My Location
Sunny old Bristol
Just in case it helps. My house burnt down a few months ago and my card was not in the box for a good three weeks. Still worked after I put it back in though.
Methos.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
Hello Methhos

Sorrry to hear about your house, hope no-one was hurt, and that you have found somehwere else to live.

Your advice is most welcome.

Regards

W. H.