UHF Loopthrough Connections

exbrat73

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
I have just invested in a new tele and looking around the back of the old setup it is painfully obvious that a reduction of the 'spaghetti junction' is long overdue. I have a Sky and an Echostar multisat digital receiver, one video recorder and the tele. They are all linked using scart leads. My question relates to the UHF coax lead for terrestrial signals, it starts at the first digibox then to the next digibox then to the video and then to the television. Am I right in thinking that connection to the video and then to the television is all that is required.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes. :D

Well unless you are distributing the signals elsewhere that is.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Scarts give a stereo audio signal to the TV and video, mono is achieved through the coax.
With two receivers, unless both your video and TV have three SCARTs, you are going to have to use coax at some point between satellite receivers, to keep independence between recording and watching.

exbrat73

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Thanks for your reply Channel Hopper. I have had a problem in the past when I record or watch a satellite program on a uhf channel I have had a loud background humming noise so I usually only use AV. I will wait and see if the problem persists with the new telly.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Humming noise - make sure the volume of the receiver is turned up full, and use the TV volume to control listening

Otherwise it may be pick up from the mass of cable you already have , or maybe an earthing problem (ring or loop trouble) which can be a pain to locate and eliminate completely