Unknown Satellite 75/76E Region

mikefal

Member
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1m dish,BU LNB, TBS6925 PC Card
70W - 75E
My Location
East Sussex Coast,United Kingdom
Can anyone to the east of me recognise these peaks from CrazyScan? It is around the 75/76E region but I can't find any sat listings that match.

Thanks

Mike
 

Attachments

  • 75.0E-RFScan.webp
    75.0E-RFScan.webp
    64.4 KB · Views: 60
TBH I think it's just earth noise, combined with a bit of standing waves on the cable.
And there is no other satellite than ABS-2 within several degrees either, with such frequencies.
 
ABS 1A positioned on 77.9° (according to Satbeams) has a frequency plan that matches.
11779 and 11839 were used on ABS 2 @ 74.9°
 
Lexzie, coincidentally, a week ago the inclined ABS-1A has left 78.0° East.
Moving west 0.5° per day, at present near 73° East.
The 11823 and 11862 transponders don't match well, also it would be very unusual to keep transponders active during drift.
 
TBH I think it's just earth noise, combined with a bit of standing waves on the cable.
And there is no other satellite than ABS-2 within several degrees either, with such frequencies.
I think hvdh is right. If your sig is correct the elevation would be less than 1°
 
Back
Top