upcoming launch ses to 5e

That makes sense, you're in the middle of the footprints, I'm at the edge of it and apparently SES 5 will cover NL well.
Now I wonder how reception is in the UK, no reports yet so does that mean no reception?
 
A good 10dB here. 100% null packets at present.
 
Thanks Llew, that's already quite marginal in Anglia, when 8 dB is required for 8PSK 3/4.
So SES footprint may be quite correct.
 
Absolute zilch here 4A Nordic Beam is fine here.
 
No other reports guys? I can see a bump on the spectrum but there's no signs of it here.
 
Still OK here, also now a strong blank carrier on 11224V.

That's using the Gibby 1.2 here in the wes tof East Anglia.
 
11265V now has "Viasat HD Test" showing Viasat Film HD Nordic.
So some motivation to test this transponder!
 
Yes, good SQ here too, 11.7dB S/N.
 
Very low signal here of the unmodulated 11225V, no sign whatsoever of the 11265V. It seems we are out of luck this time in SE Europe...
 
Yes, looks as if it's going to be similar to the 4.8E Nordic beam. Odd that remlap can receive the Nordic beam but not SES-5.
 
The nordic beam of Astra 4A is receivable here. Vertical frequencies from 11700 - 12100 most of the time are at 5.0-6.0 dB, horizontal frequencies are more difficult. That's why I said that we (in SE Europe) are out of luck this time... :)
 
What size dish ate you getting them results on strs
 
The one in "My System", a Tecatel 1.10m.

_http://www.tecatel.com/icloud/index.php/en/productos/item/882-antena-panor%C3%A1mica-tecatel-60cm-soporte-met%C3%A1lico-embalaje-16-u
 
New carrier, still no lock on actual broadcast transponder.
 
Captain Jack said:
Hope a 1.2m will be enough in Bristol-ish area for the new satellite.

Judging by what remlap receives in Wales, chances don't look promising in Bristol either...
 
remlap said:
New carrier, still no lock on actual broadcast transponder.

Found that one earlier (Post #47)
 
Llew said:
Found that one earlier (Post #47)

Yeah I guess I didn't write my post well enough, just showing my results :) :-ohcrap
 
11264V now Videoguard encrypted. And no PMT.
 
Back
Top