upcoming launch ses to 5e

solly said:
@timo
are you got signal from astra 4a nordic beam and new ses 5 not got signal
also here i got only viasat sd transponder hd transponder not got it

Yes, I get strong signals on all Astra 4A Nordic and European beams - no breakup even in heavy rain, but so far I have not received anything from the new SES5 at my location in the UK.
 
it look new satellite ses 5 have 4 transponder use hd service
viasat nordic plan
 
Is there anyone here in or near Northampton who can check 11.264V, 11.305V and 11.345V (30000 3/4 S2)? I am able to receive these TPs on my Triax TD88 with 68% quality here in Cambs and I would be very interested to find out if you are receiving them also as it's about 50 miles south west of where I am. Thanks.

For those of us who are lucky enough to receive the signals, it's disappointing that we cannot view the tests due to the fact that they are encrypted! I really want to see some FTA tests/channels so we can finally see some live video and audio from this bird!

FlySat now reporting three transponders active and containing services on the Sub-Saharan Africa beam. Those are FTA would you believe it!
 
Sat Mark said:
Is there anyone here in or near Northampton who can check 11.264V, 11.305V and 11.345V (30000 3/4 S2)? I am able to receive these TPs on my Triax TD88 with 68% quality here in Cambs and I would be very interested to find out if you are receiving them also as it's about 50 miles south west of where I am. Thanks.

For those of us who are lucky enough to receive the signals, it's disappointing that we cannot view the tests due to the fact that they are encrypted! I really want to see some FTA tests/channels so we can finally see some live video and audio from this bird!

FlySat now reporting three transponders active and containing services on the Sub-Saharan Africa beam. Those are FTA would you believe it!

Shame you weren't here three weeks ago, or you would have seen something :)
 
Llew said:
Shame you weren't here three weeks ago, or you would have seen something :)

Yep, although I did scan it in as soon as I heard about it, but sadly I was too late. Thanks for the pic. :)
 
Booming signal here in Lincolnshire using Triax TD110
11264v - Viasat HD Test - NDS
11305v - TestMUX43, HDtestmux43 - NDS
11.345 - HDtestmux 44, TestMUX44 - NDS
 
[h=2]SES-5 NOW OPERATIONAL AT 5 DEGREES EAST[/h]17.09.2012
  • Luxembourg – September 17th, 2012 – SES S.A. (Euronext Paris and Luxembourg Stock Exchange: SESG) announced that the SES-5 satellite is now fully operational at the orbital position of 5 degrees East.

SES-5, successfully launched on July 10 on board an ILS Proton rocket, was designed and built for SES by Space Systems/Loral (SS/L). The spacecraft features 36 active Ku-band transponders, and up to 24 active C-band transponders and is now ready to deliver high performance and extensive coverage for Direct-to-Home (DTH) services, broadband, maritime communications, GSM backhaul, and VSAT applications in Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
 
Viasat is preparing to launch a new DTH service in Ukraine. The new platform will be launched under the UA.TV brand and will reportedly go live this week. The service is operated by Media Vision, who are already responsible for the company’s existing platform Viasat Ukraine.
 
Huh? Why have another Viasat service there as there's an existing one in place already...?
 
Next to 11265V, 11305V, 11345V today 11385V and 11425V were switched on.
With same parameters, and same testmux thingy.

Bit offtopic but coming from close to SES-5 so may be confusing:
Feedhunters may like 11465H 6111 3/4, coming from heavily inclined Astra 1E @ 4.65 East.
When on, it has shown Nordic football matches.
 
Yes, all good RF levels here, as expected. I wonder when they will be checking for horizontal levels?
 
viasat open two new transponder nordic beam on ses 5 5e
11385v 30000 fec 3/4 dvbs2 8psk
11425v sr-30000 fec 3/4 dvbs2 8psk
 
The testmuxes are gone now, but the 5 transponders are still there. Time for the real thing!

11265V now carries the following ID's (all encryped):
VFilm Action HD
VFDramaHD/WildHD
VFilm Family HD
VFilm Nordic HD
TV3 HD NO
TV2 HD (Lorry)
 
11345V changed symbolrate to 27500 instead of 30000, other parameters are still the same (DVB-S2 8PSK 3/4).
Things are happening right now, because 11305V had no lock 5 minutes ago, now back to normal.
 
Unless they start transmitting in DVB-S, I think I'll be getting very little from this satellite at my location :(
 
Have you tried different receivers? Because some seem not so sensitive with DVB-S2.
Anyway 11345V is back to symb.30000. Guess it was a kind of test to see how much the adjacent transponders become deteriorated by the overlap?

Edit 11305V now carrying HD channels (all encrypted): TV3, Kanal 5, Viasat Motor, NRK1, NRK2, NRK Super/NRK3
 
TOPTV South Africa now on SES-5- 12340H,12380H and 12420H/SR 27500
 
Back
Top