Upgrading from 80cm to 90cm

EuphoricaL

Member
My Satellite Setup
toppy 5800, toshiba hdtv, xbmc, 8Mb adsl, dm500s 80cm motor + 60cm 13/19/28
My Location
Lancashire, UK
I've currently got a 80cm motorised dish, and I'm shortly going to replace it with a 90cm dish. I'm wondering which are the borderline beams that I can check the power of now and will hopefully be better after the upgrade. Location (North west England, can see 22W->62E).

Currently the ones that are borderline are:
Sirius 3 @ 4.8E
Astra 3A @ 23.5E
Badr 3/4 @ 26E

Any other beams that are borderline with a 80cm?
 
I don't know if it's considered borderline but I have trouble getting 42E with a 90cm dish.
 
Cheers, will check what I can get from 42E.

If you haven't guessed yet, this is me looking for justification of upgrading ;)
 
Go for a 1m instead, difference in price is marginal but the increase in gain is well worth it.
Parky
 
yes 1metre dish would be better upgrade, especially for 16east and arabsat 26east

you can get triax 1.1m on ebay for around 53 quid delivered
 
90cm is as big as I can go with the current wall bracket without putting the dish above the roof. Plus the 90cm is already coming.
 
To be honest I think the upgrade will disappoint.
You will be well advised to replace the lnb too to try and gain any possible signal gain.
 
cheers for the advice. I'll report back if I see any improvement.
 
Shame that you cannot go to 1m, but best wishes for what you are getting.
Parky
 
Back
Top