USB images

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Have just managed to use DreamFlash on Virtual PC to format and install two latest hydra images to the HDD.

Loaded the base 1.08 image to flash - restarted and everything works.

Lost all the sat setting again but getting so used to that they are back in no time and now I can back them up!

Thanks to td03-5 for his expert help.

Tried scam2.0 but doesn't clear anything.

Reaction score
My Location
Yangon,Myanmar
dreaming is top tried em all use sf 0812 and use hydra as usb img no need for chmod 775 shit as all sf team images except early img had dreamflash already installed unlike officail img lol dream edit uploads sat settings but sometimes u may have to transponder scan to get it to register as it varies depending on image you may upload the sat info using dreamedit you can watch say hotbird and hispa yet you have to do a transponder or multi u no on say thor its a gadget and 2 much mature content lol

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi gameboy,

You're confusing me again, I think you mean FlashWizard and USB (or have you really formatted your HDD with FlashWizard {DreamFlash!!}!!??
Glad you got it going and thanks for the ott flattery.

Don't know what your problem with scam2 is, it works fine here.
I installed it the easy way, it's on the latest Hydra Zeus emu list. Not sure if it was important but I took latest Mary's 27/12 and softc*m.k*y at the same time.
Haven't looked to see if it's available on Gemini yet.

With the signature you're using at the moment I take it you're looking forward to hogmanay. Will you be having Jimmy Shand round to provide the music?

73 & drappy heaming.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
td03-5 said:
You're confusing me again, I think you mean FlashWizard and USB

Yes, just trying to keep you on your toes (get it?) I am using FlashWizard but the USB stick was too small for images so set up the HDD.

Don't know what your problem with scam2 is, it works fine here.

Loaded it from Zeus and the bundles you mentoned - but nothing.

With the signature you're using at the moment I take it you're looking forward to hogmanay.

Hate New Year - Love Christmas. The image is James Stewart in Frank Capra's movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' If you haven't seen the movie (you should) here's a link to the thirty second version - played by Bunnies.

h**p://angryalien.com/1204/wonderful_lifebuns.asp

Have a great New Year...

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
gameboy said:
Yes, just trying to keep you on your toes (get it?) I am using FlashWizard but the USB stick was too small for images so set up the HDD.

Loaded it from Zeus and the bundles you mentoned - but nothing.

Hate New Year - Love Christmas. The image is James Stewart in Frank Capra's movie 'It's a Wonderful Life' If you haven't seen the movie (you should) here's a link to the thirty second version - played by Bunnies.

h**p://angryalien.com/1204/wonderful_lifebuns.asp

Have a great New Year...

What about James Taylor always look forward to seeing he at the new years party in Scotland.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Folks,

Yes, you're right, they changed it. We need scam2.1 now. Update the Zeus control panel and its there to download. Once downloaded - Blue to select - green to start - exit - and away you go.

Now you've really confused me! What size USB was it? (Didn't know they did less than 64MB and that will take four images!) My 256MB has 5 images now and FW4.5 reports 31% used.

Sorry for the Jimmy Shand and hogmanay comment. ' Thought that was what the ding-dang-doodoo was all about!! I remember listening to the wireless down here in Sassenach country trying to get the Scotish service, so we could listen to Jimmy Shand and his Band, especially near hogmanay!

Does the James Stewart image work as well as Zeus??

73 & Happy Easter.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
My Mrs was given a 'Reward & Recognition' present at work for slogging her guts out for the last twelve months and probably making over £1m profit for the company (who shall remain nameless...).

It was a 32MB unbranded USB stick. Mmm, thanks.

I knicked it for my PC anyway, so yes - 64MB is massive in my house!

Then again that's just not true. 4 o'clock this afternoon, I plugged my new 128MB USB stick into my DB. By around 4:45 I had cleanly removed my old image, installed Zeus, updated CP, emus's, keys, performed all the setup for network, diseqc, and all those fiddly things you like to have 'just so', scanned in all my favourite sats and decrypted them all, installed FWP4.5b on my PC and installed multiboot on my DB, formatted and mounted my stick, loaded Gemini 102 onto the USB with 'copy setings' and had that all set up too.

What a gas. I love it. Gemini 102 is fantastic. Just my sort of image. Yet to play with any emu's in it, as I'm not yet sure how to load them (being in USB I need to do it manually). Copied all the keys 'n' stuff accoss from Zeus, and all that reports OK from the image (you can query the key files from the menus!), but want to savour instalnig all the binary goodies. The rest of it was too quick and easy!

:ny

STICK

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi 'sticky,

Gemini is an internet update image like Zeus! I'm running gemini 103 24122004 so why you running 102?? All Gemini update functions are under the blue button and I thought, a little difficult to find. In fact I thought it was a manual update image at first and had even loaded newcamd5.25 by hand before I realised it could download it for itself!!
As yet I can't see how to do the equivalent of the control panel update on Zeus. So although I have downloaded scam2.1 for Zeus, it is either not yet available for Gemini download or i've missed the option that updates the things you can download.
However, (b4 scam2/2.1) yes, Gemini is a great image with the decr***ion systems well integrated into enigma. I have as yet totally failed to make it fall over!! Even my bogey radio stations can't kill it!! It's great! But no Scam2.1 so I've been using Zeus (who put the lights out!!).

73 & Eappy Haster.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL.

I thought that when using the Internet update function of an image in USB, it installed the files into the file structure of the BASE image in flash?

I certainly tried doing the Internet key update on Gemini, and it didn't load the USB /var/keys and scce.

Must admit, I didn't check to see if it had actually overwritten Mary's on Zeus in flash?!?

Mrs has gone to bed now, so I'm off to try the latest SCAM!

:elf

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Just bought a 256mb USB stick - but guess what, Virtual PC refuses to connect to the network so that's another job to do.

Ding dang doo is from Max and Paddy - Peter Kay....

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Well trust me to open my big gob.

SCAM 2.1 works great, until it takes the box down. Oh well, I can say I had it cleared. To be ripped out tomorrow.

Also Gemini Internet update made to work OK, but wouldn't clear TPeeS without a lot of jiggering about. Finally got it to work, but it's left the update menu empty and corrupt, causing box to go over periodically.

That's coming out tomorrow as well. Maybe I'll try the 103. Think it'll be about 115 before it's mature enough for me though.

Just to give it the kiss of death, Zeus seems pretty stable at the moment, and clears everything I want. Yet to try TV Cabo, but ever hopeful.

Not too displeased with this lot though. Got the USB stick working nicely. Just need to find something decent to go in it.

Might even try Black Tiger 3 in it. If it's not a 1.08 image it must be a 1.079999. Would make updating the keys very easy. Can just copy them over from the Zeus dirs.

Crikey. Is that the time? NN!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Scotland
Virtual PC working again - TCP/IP, DHCP, Router problems - now fixed.

Loaded images onto USB but haven't rebooted yet

256Mb USB2 stick (Samsung) for £20

I have 8MB and 16MB USB sticks just for transferring data.

8MB was a £5

Hopefully this will stop the HDD from spinning all the time!

Scam2.1 works ;-)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahhh, you can feel the relief from here (err... regarding the USB stick I meant, not what you're watching with SCAM 2.1!!!)

STICK