Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
pothead13 said:
hi i keep getting this error how can fix it
To help anyone formulate an idea as to what your problem is I suggest they may need to know a few more facts, i.e. operating system... USB 1.1 or 2.0 software being used etc.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 1500ci + 1000d super +
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
im using widows xp home not sure what usb is being used how can i tell.
i testesd it on my dell laptop and still get usb read communication error c0000012 unrecognised code 40

how do i fix please

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
pothead13 said:
i testesd it on my dell laptop and still get usb read communication error c0000012 unrecognised code 40 how do i fix please
How can anyone tell you how to fix something when you haven't yet explained what it is exactly you are doing. Are you trying to program a cam? is so which type..... using what which software.... are you using a cas programmer what??

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
sory im about to write file to mrv cam using cas 3 Cas Interface Studio 6.2 then i get the usb error come up it works every now and then if i keep reinstalling everythink

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Thanks pothead13 I know it's a bind having to explain clearly but it is necessary. Not just for me but for anyone else who may be able to help you. Well this is the first time I have come across cas3 and I myself may be no use at all however one thing that intrigues me with what you have said so far is the fact that sometimes it works if you reinstall the software. This suggests to me that the default parameters that the program sets up on installation are the ones which work for your set up but somehow after that initial use some parameter is being changed. The fact that you wrote
pothead13 said:
i testesd it on my dell laptop and still get usb read communication error c0000012 unrecognised code 40
suggests you have tried a second pc or laptop which helps us to eliminate a pc or laptop hardware error. Have you actually tried contacting support at the duolabs website??? You must of course appreciate also that it is holiday time for many people and their site is not being visited by as many people the same as this is not.

pothead13

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
skystar 2 pci card
1M Motorised dish
Ivacon twin lnb
pc + laptop on network
My Location
uk
the way i got round it is i erase the flash then exit the program and start it up again then write the file it seems to work ok like that fingers crossed

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Well done pothead13
I'm really pleased you found a workaround to the problem. It is a strange one though.:-respekt

eyeonman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
xxxxx
My Location
xxxxx
Hi Guys,

I have a CAS 3, I had similar problems trying to program my MREV, problem related to power via usb ports or hubs, ie. maybe a lack off. After writing to the cam I would get usb errors and couldn't verify the file, so, instead of using my USB Hub, I connected the CAS 3 directly to the pc's usb ports. This solved my error messages, allowed the CAS 3 to see the cam without usb errors, and verification of the updated file. Also worked with my MM. Problem only occured with the new updated CAS 3 software, previous version didn't give USB errors.

Eyeonman!

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum eyeonman
Thanks for that valuable feedback in your first post. Hope you enjoy having a browse around