Use for spare analog receivers!

iandoh

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1m Mutlibracket (19e, 13e, 10e, 9e, 4.8e) & 1.2m @ 28e
My Location
Pärnu. Estonia/Burgas, Bulgaria
Thought I'd post this here.

Once we are left with no analog channels, we still have a use for certain receivers. That use is...

RF modulators!

Simply hook up the device you want to modulate in RF to the "Video" and then press TV/SAT on the control.

Just a tip I thought some of you would enjoy.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
My Systec doesn't have an RF Modulator, so your cunning tip applies only to most older models.

But then I do still have a VHS VCR .................

timo_w2s

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.timo.me.uk
My Satellite Setup
See Signature
My Location
Maidenhead, UK & Helsinki, Finland
I used to use an old analogue Pace box for sending a CCTV cam around the house.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
I use the VCR for all my modulated requirements, the council tip has seen thousands of analogue devices consigned to landfill as a result of technology moving on

2cvbloke

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
No satellite stuff for the moment (aside from a 43cm minidish that was on the house already), Samsung SyncMaster T27B550 Smart TV & Monitor, and a few computers...
My Location
Near Pontop Pike, Co. Durham
I still haven't worked out how to work the Matsui OP10 I have, never did find a manual for it, but then I never really bothered to look after a while... :-rofl2

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Channel Hopper said:
I use the VCR for all my modulated requirements, the council tip has seen thousands of analogue devices consigned to landfill as a result of technology moving on

Indeed - I continue to be shocked at just how many perfectly decent crt tv's get consigned to the recycling containers up at our local tip. The number geting dumped has increased rapidly since DSO her in Nov 2008.

Ive also noticed a small but growing number of big flatscreen tv's getting chucked in the containers recently as well.

Do people have more money than sense these days? Our last tv lasted almost 20 years and Id expect to get at least 15 out of our current Panny. (28" crt)

woodpeckeruk

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
nottingham UK
Do people have more money than sense these days? Our last tv lasted almost 20 years and Id expect to get at least 15 out of our current Panny. (28" crt)

Not a case of more money than sense.Much more a case of set makers not supplying parts or at stupid prices, as a Tv engineer I frequently have to tell owners that their set is not repairable as the cost of a replacement panel can be MORE than they paid for the new set!! Last week I was asked to price a repair to a DVD Recorder where a new Laser assembly was needed,agents quoted £76 + carriage+ Vat on a unit Argos was selling for £89 NEW and guaranteed and I'm suposed to make a living too. Some Hope of that nowadays
Moan over !!