using sky digiboxes and dish in Aussie

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I am moving back to australia and have 2 sky pace digiboxes and a philips 4 point dish (meaning 4 cable outlets from dish). Is there any point in taking them back to Australia with me or should I just flog them off on ebay or something before I go?

We have foxtel, optus and a couple of other suppliers.

Does anybody know if these boxes will work on them?

Thanks guys :-righton

Homerlovesbeer

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The dish and Quad LNB should be of use, but I would guess that the two receivers will be of limited use for reception of free to air only channels. Thje Sky boxes also have a dedicated EPG so you would have to use the other channels feature (if you can call it a feature) to watch everything.

Best to sell and buy yourself something more suitable over there.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Australia also uses PAL G for their TV system and the Sky boxes here are a pig to convert

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You could try them in the classifieds on the home page, listing is free.

theslydog

Reaction score
My Location
moon
Pick yourself up a seca cam or seca box b4 u go to Oz cause u can watch the New Caledonie French channels including XXL :D. Also if u can find one, an early Irdeto cam to flash to free cam or a box like Topfield or Emteck with onboard Irdeto - needs to do Fast-I not Euro-I. Not a Hummy 54xx as rumour has it symbol rate is going over 30Ms/s to about 41Ms/s to kill off pirates and better for OpenTV stuff.

NDS have just won a contract with Fox to supply NDS (similar to Bsky:cool: will be on the new C1 bird when it goes up - end of this yr. I heard a similar box to PACE Sky+ box might be used for Premium packages.