V-BoxII and Dream....

dobblek

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I wonder if anyone can shed any light on this one. I'm using the dreambox with an old motorised dish system which uses a 4-core wire to operate the motor. I've got a superjack V-BoxII which supposedly translates diseq commands from the dreambox to a 4 core operation. I've wired it all up but currently I'm having to select the satellites manually on the V-Box. Can I get the dreambox to work it at all? I've tried various settings but to no avail. It just says 'Moving to satellite....' but doesnt move at all.

Least of my worries right now, mind you, I just upgraded to Hydra Olympia and the dreambox wont even function anymore - box is powering and going into idle but remote or up down keys on box dont respond. Can't enter menu or anything!! :confused

Man, I love technology!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Go to something like BlackTiger, pretty stable, good DiseqC control, then have a go again. :)

dobblek

Reaction score
I'll try that, Rolf, cheers.

Just got the box back working by holding the up/down keys when the boot up screen appears. I still can't work out how erasing the flash actually makes it work again? Surely the flash should be erased and nothing left for the box to work?:confused

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Unless you erase the flash, the new image doesn't load properly, had the same problem myself on one occasion. :)

Make sure that you leave the dish on the due south location, then the setup should be easier.