va 227 badr 7 26e

As expected not a tiny fragment of signal in Northern Greece too! I wonder how big the dish needs to be! I receive some Badr6 frequencies during the night and 11227 from Badr5 only!

which transponders from Badr 6 are you receiving and with what snr levels
are you receiving Badr 5 11227 all the time
I assume you are using 1.2 dish from signature
 
I did get a couple of transponders on Badr 5 on my 1.5m Gibby and a lot of Badr 6 were just under luck, so hoping a 1.8m will bring them in.

Like you say, can only wait and see how much overspill Badr 7 will have. Let's hope it's not a complete pig like Nilesat 201 or Es'hail...

Booming in here on the 2.4 channel master:D
 
I receive 11227 for most of the day, 11747, 11785 (that's on Badr5), 11804, 11843, 11862 and 12360 are very marginal and come only for a few hours and not all together always. There is also a seasonal variation with these frequencies being easier during the summertime!
Shocked that many Badr5 and 6 transponders can be received in Slovenia, but on the other hand the same as 7W and 8W I'm quite close to the end of the footprints so I could be in null! My dish is 130X144!
 
I receive 11227 for most of the day, 11747, 11785 (that's on Badr5), 11804, 11843, 11862 and 12360
Interresting. Due to cold weather I was able to receive these also. Currently only 11785, others are slightly under lock. There was also some signal 10770H, 10810H, 12437V, 12456H and 12476V.

11227 always strong signal (more like Badr4 BSS here)
 

Attachments

  • 26e_11747v.webp
    26e_11747v.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 26e_11785v.webp
    26e_11785v.webp
    42.5 KB · Views: 17
Finally the renewed Arabsat site is online: Home - Arabsat

Still not much going on with Badr 7 it seems.
With yesterday's TLE, Badr 7 is moving east with 1° per day, now near 29°E. o_O
 
Probably going to open up 34 east not wanting to upset the Arab community in West London & Northern Europe with the smaller footprint of Badr-7,
I think the original plan was for Badr-7 to replace Badr-4 @ 26 east but it does not seem to have worked out as planned :-dohas Badr-4 was to have moved to 34 east :(

Maybe they have another plan ? Arabsat 6A is destine for 30.5 east & Arabsat 6E for 34 east in 2018/2019 respectively.
 
Last edited:
Now at 32.6east. Still moving 1 degree east per day.
 
Flysat updated today shows BADR 7 at 38.8east ... Still Moving ...If this is correct anyone any ideas of the final slot?
 
My best guess would be that Bad 7 will be positioned with Hellas sat in time for the Cabsat exhibition. Arabsat is represented on the board at Hellas sat and the new board has announced their intention to expand broadcasting from the 39 degree position. I could be entirely wrong of course! Two new Standard are already on order (2014) for 39 degree East.
 
My best guess would be that Bad 7 will be positioned with Hellas sat in time for the Cabsat exhibition. Arabsat is represented on the board at Hellas sat and the new board has announced their intention to expand broadcasting from the 39 degree position. I could be entirely wrong of course! Two new Standard are already on order (2014) for 39 degree East.

I was looking at the Arabsat site this weekend & came to the same conclusion when it went past 34 east where else can it go,
39 east is the destination for Badr-7,
Arabsat already have a couple of transponders on lease @ 39 east.

http://www.cabsat.com/
 
Last edited:
According last evening's TLE, Badr-7 indeed halted close to 39°E.
 
My best guess would be that Bad 7 will be positioned with Hellas sat in time for the Cabsat exhibition. Arabsat is represented on the board at Hellas sat and the new board has announced their intention to expand broadcasting from the 39 degree position. I could be entirely wrong of course! Two new Standard are already on order (2014) for 39 degree East.
2 new satellites not Standard!:confused
 
Real time satellite tracking for: BADR 7 (ARABSAT-6B)

BADR 7 / ARABSAT-6 B

NORAD ID:
41029
LOCAL TIME:
12:49:01
UTC:
12:49:01
LATITUDE:
-0.01
LONGITUDE:
38.98
ALTITUDE [km]:
35798.08
ALTITUDE [mi]:
22243.9
SPEED [km/s]:
3.07
SPEED [mi/s]:
1.91
AZIMUTH: 134.2 SE
ELEVATION:
+20.7
RIGHT ASCENSION:
02h 49m 14s
DECLINATION:
-08° 19' 50''
Local Sidereal Time:
23h 59m 56s
The satellite is in day light
SATELLITE PERIOD:
1437m
 
Last edited:
The only new transponder found today was a feed from Hellas Sat-2
Nothing from Badr-7 so maybe it is only transmitting to the Middle East for CABSAT ?

DSCN1269[1].webp
 
Back
Top