Valencia - Multiswitch & Sky Digital Uk ?

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Hi to all, OK, I, hope this is a easy question, I, have looked on the forums but unsuccessfully.

I,live in, Spain (Costa Blanca), and currently have a, 2.4m dish, 4output LNB, and, 4, sky digital receivers, and would like to add 2 more, sky digital receivers, in other rooms.?

Can, I, use a multiswitch like the, Televes multiswitch Ref 7266 or [SIZE=-1]Spaun?

If its possible will, I, receive all the channels as, I, currently do, also what would be a good make, model to go for.

If its not possible is there any other way?

May, I, also say I'm a newby to this so go easy.

Many thanks,

koy.:)
[/SIZE]

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
To use a multiswitch with your existing LNB, then you need one with Q2 technology, like the Vision V75-508 Not sure whether the two you mention work with a Quad LNB, most still require a Quattro.

The only problem may be that there is quite a big through loss with this multiswitch, so you may need to pre-amplify the inputs to keep your 2D channels.

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
PC, XP, Skystar1 CI, 2.4m Dish, 4output LNB, 3 Sky Digital Recivers, for Sky Digital Uk in Spain.
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Thanks for the quick reply, Rolfw.

So if, I , change the, Quad LNB, for a, Quattro LNB, using a multiswitch will work and, I, should still receive all channels as, I, currently do?

Can you recommend a good, Quattro LNB, + , Multiswitch, and anything else that could also improve the signal quality/strength?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
This is now falling into the fringe reception regime and you will need advice from those who deal with it on a daily basis. Will move this thread up to the Astra 28.2 Fringe reception section, as the guys in the know will be more likely to see it there. :)

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
Thanks, Rolfw, for the help.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
No problem. :)

It is critical that the LNB is suitable for Astra 2D reception and whilst it is commonly held that the Invacom Quad is one of the best, I'm not so sure about their Quattro, if indeed they do one and whether there are any Quattros recommended by the big dish fraternity. :)

koy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Valencia, Spain.
koy said:
Thanks for the quick reply, Rolfw.

So if, I , change the, Quad LNB, for a, Quattro LNB, using a multiswitch will work and, I, should still receive all channels as, I, currently do?

Can you recommend a good, Quattro LNB, + , Multiswitch, and anything else that could also improve the signal quality/strength?

Can anybody at all tell me if this is a good idea or not.

Will replacing my, Quad LNB, for a, Quattro LNB, and using a multiswitch to send the signal to, 6, or maybe, 7, recivers is going to be a good idea or ont, will, I, lose some Signal strength/quality?

Can anybody advise me the best way of doing this, ie, best parts to use or should, I, steer clear if this is going to lose me Signal strength/quality?

Thanx,

koy