VCR recording of Freesat programmes

Meliebee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Portugese dish; Inverto quad LNB 0.3db & feedhorn; Humax Freesat digi-box.
My Location
, Albatera, Costa Blanca, Spain
I'm trying to record a TV channel on my Video recorder. Its connected via scart lead to my Humax Freesat box. I can playback a tape OK, but when I try to playback something I've recorded direct from the TV all I get is multicoloured pixels. I wish to record a programme I'm currently watching. My TV is newish Sony Bravia 32" (connected via scart lead to Humax box).

I realise I cant record one channel & watch another without buying a Humax PVR which is released later this year.

Am I doing something wrong or is it that you just can't record Freesat at all?

Any advice appreciated, thanks.meliebee

Private message

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Have you tried to record using an FTA channel?
I am not familiar with the Freesat unfortunately, but there might be a copyright (Macrovision?) signal which is preventing the smooth recording.

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Which scart socket are you connecting the VCR to on the Humax? It should be the one marked VCR or Aux or similar. The TV should be connected to the TV or Main scart. If they're just marked A and B or 1 and 2 then you'll have to look at the manual.

If ithere's an option, change the output of the socket so that it gives a composite output. If there's an option for S-Video or S-VHS then, unless you have an expensive VCR which understands the format, you should not choose this.

Meliebee

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.9m Portugese dish; Inverto quad LNB 0.3db & feedhorn; Humax Freesat digi-box.
My Location
, Albatera, Costa Blanca, Spain
Thanks PaulR...problem was the Humax being set on S-Video, have changed this & it records fine.:)