hotbird 13
My Location
uk
would like to install gemini in usb memory stick
went to boot menu, in the ip address i put the db 192.168.1.56
( got that from communication setup)
them to web interface, then opened a web browser typed 192.168.1.56
nothing happen.
when i go back to boot menu the above ip is different from the one i already put, 192.168.0.24 ???????

repeated that few times

very very frustrating ,

any advice

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
RTFM :-) that should help you out!

TWAG

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
thanks
i did, BUT BUT,still very unlepful

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Hope this helps explain what goes where...

You mentioned earlier that you put in an IP address and then checked DHCP this will change the IP address.

See how you get on with this and thanks for posting in the correct section...

Instructions by BGonaSTICK

IP: This is the IP address that you wish to assign the Dreambox on your IP network, assuming that you don't want to enable DHCP. I don't really want to discuss DHCP itself here, as I want to keep it simple. Suffice to say that I don't use it on my network. If you use it, then make sure that you only have one DHCP server running. That can either be on the Dreambox itself, or elsewhere on your network. It will assign all your IP addresses automatically, which is nice, unless it's not switched on. In that case you might as well go and make a cup of tea every time you boot up an IP address-less node!

My network is setup as 192.168.1.nnn so I simply added '.150' to generate a valid address. It's valid because I know this to be unique on my LAN.

DHCP: I have unchecked the DHCP server checkbox, as discussed above.

Netmask: A standard IP netmask. If you really want to know what the netmask does (and this is actually quite interesting) have a look at this great explanation - while the link is active anyhow! ==>> http://www.infobro.com/anon-FTP/infoSource/Computers/netmask2.html

Type: I found the dropdown box to only contain the value 'LAN'.

Nameserver and Gateway: If you're running a simple network like me, and assuming that you have an internet connection hanging off it somewhere, plug the IP address of your gateway/router into both these fields. If you are running a more complex network and/or utilising separate nameservers, then you should probably stop reading now... you won't get want you want from this guide! Mine works fine this way, without going to the bother of plugging in your ISP's Primary DNS server address.

Enable Network: YES PLEASE!

Port: 80 is good.

Port numbers are divided into three ranges: the Well Known Ports, the Registered Ports, and the Dynamic and/or Private Ports.

The Well Known Ports are those from 0 through 1023.
The Registered Ports are those from 1024 through 49151.
The Dynamic and/or Private Ports are those from 49152 through 65535.
Port 80 is the standard HTTP port.

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
hotbird 13
My Location
uk
as usual nice and detailed answer

thanks gameboy

Fransuoa

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup