Viaccess CAM help

tsts

Reaction score
I have a Viaccess Red cam (SC Microsystems) which was working fine until last night in my Humax F1-VACI receiver. Last night, i was browsing thru the channels and at one of the channels (Bolska) i got the message "Updating Software Do not extract module". I had to go out and hence i let it do the download. My friend got frustrated after an hour and switched off the box (after finding that he could not switch channels).

When i switch on the receiver, the CI module is not recognized any more. The settings say that the module is "invalid". Did we fry it? is it possible to revive it again. Can i update this using my laptop? Any help highly appreciated.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You may be able to revive it Tsts, but if you interupted the download it is unlikely. Try taking the card out and removing and re-inserting the CAM whilst the receiver is powered up.

If the above doesn't work, then you will probably need to send it away to get it reflashed, don't think that you can do it with a laptop.

tsts

Reaction score
Thanks Rolfw
I tried to re-insert and do the download.
It does recognize and starts to download but after a few minutes (goes up to 19%) it says
"Download error 16 - Detatch Cam and re-insert". Dont know if this is because of the cam or the signal. I get only 30% strength and 20% quality with that transpoder. Other transpoders are okay though.

Can you provide details fo re-flashing and where to approach please. Much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Have you got a friend locally with a larger dish ?

Failing that try a local satellite shop to see if they would be willing to leave it in their system for an hour or so .