Viaccess problem on Echostar

onentity

Reaction score
Website
www.onentity.com
My Location
London, UK
Hi all,
I hope I am not duplicating as i've looked everywhere for an answer without any luck.
I have a Echostar 5020 (PVR) with DragonCam 4. Everything works fine, Dragon is loaded with latest 3.25. However I have purchased an ART card and slotted in the Dragon CAM and it does not work. I have also tried the ART card in a Matrix Rev CAM, still nothing. But when I tried the ART card on another receiever it's fine with the dragon cam. I have also loaded the echostar to the latest firmware version. still nothing. I've run of things to check, any help it much appriciated. Thanks.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
Hmmm ... the echostars can be touchy over these things. I guess you've tried both sots and don't have a regular viaccess cam. Do you have any other cam you can stick in the free slot when using the dragon and art card?

onentity

Reaction score
Website
www.onentity.com
My Location
London, UK
Jimbo,
Thanks for the quick reply.
The only other card I tried was the Matrix rev one. Yes I tried both CAMs in both slots. I think if you don't know, no ones knows. I might get a straight forward Viacess CAM and try my luck with that.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
It's a shame really onetity. I always think spending money on something like a viaccess cam is a uneconomical in a way as it doesn't do anything else. Better with a multicam like the dragon which is better value. Maybe there's another cam you could get that does something else as well as function for viaccess.

From memory I think Echostars were happier with the Irdeto encryption.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
onentity said:
What you do then? or what would you get?
I'll have to think about that one. I'm not a great lover of viaccess but I'll look around.

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Greater London
I'm sorry there's nothing I can find that will guarantee the ARt card working in your receiver. It could be the Echo problem then.