VIARK SAT 4K setting editor

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Just bought a new VIARK SAT 4K. Very happy with this little box. Good video and audio quality, nice usage, and very interesting features.
It lacks only a good PC setting editor. I found one called STBEditor but it is very poor and buggy.
I tried using Clarketech Studio but it does not open SDX files generated by the receiver.
Just contacted Setedit author (he made many editors for many receivers) but no reply.
Anyone could suggest a solution? Any other possible editor? Thanks.

intermal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
samsung evesham
My Location
london
Just bought a new VIARK SAT 4K. Very happy with this little box. Good video and audio quality, nice usage, and very interesting features.
It lacks only a good PC setting editor. I found one called STBEditor but it is very poor and buggy.
I tried using Clarketech Studio but it does not open SDX files generated by the receiver.
Just contacted Setedit author (he made many editors for many receivers) but no reply.
Anyone could suggest a solution? Any other possible editor? Thanks.
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm thinking of getting one, myself.

7mdish

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
CM 2.4m motorised offset dish, Viking Ku-band 2-ports motorised feed, 2 SMW LNBs, RC2000A, Dreambox DM920.
My Location
Milan, Italy
Did you get anywhere with this? I'm thinking of getting one, myself.
Unfortunately not. I continue to use STBEditor, it is the only choice yet.
As I said it is buggy, but modifying only the channel list it seems to work.
In other hands, if you attempt to modify satellites, orbital locations and other main parameters.... well, the result is an unuseful file because, as soon as you upload the file to the receiver, it shuffles everything and you must program the entire box from scratch.
So, start adjusting all main parameters using the VIARK remote (LNB LO frequencies, satellites, transponders....), then scan each satellite, and finally modify channel list with your PC. Do not add new channels with the editor, you can only move or delete. Doing so, once the resulting file is uploaded, it works.
Waiting for a better editor, or such major update to STBEditor from the author.