viasat now on s4 what signals are you

  • Thread starter Thread starter Rd100
  • Start date Start date
Wave frontier T90 in west London and all frequencies are receiveable though some of them(unknown channels) are being received with a signal of 73%(DM7020) which makes them "just" viewable or sometimes not viewable. Mind you that the lnb isn't even in the middle of the WaveFrontier which must have some effect.

Greats news for UK viewers of 5E :)
 
I have to say...not much coming in for me with my setup of 85cm dish and 0.2db titanium lnb
 
dasteelman said:
I have to say...not much coming in for me with my setup of 85cm dish and 0.2db titanium lnb


That's weird I have to say. What's your location? midlands?
 
tyne and wear, 10 miles from coast. matxtv romania no problems booming in. but not much of a sniff in viasat channels
 
dasteelman said:
tyne and wear, 10 miles from coast. matxtv romania no problems booming in. but not much of a sniff in viasat channels

My wave probably performs as your 85cm dish. There is no way you can't receive viasat. Maybe some alignment is needed?
 
Im finding the worst channels are the ones on the European FSS beam. The Nordic beam is far stronger here!
 
@cheekykid ...no...the alignment is perfect, ive been outside messing around. I can get the fss euro beam just.

@ analoguesat what size dish you using for 5e?
 
A scruffy salvaged 80cm - straightened out in the garden one afternoon with a set of molegrips, a 2lb hammer and a can of beer. :D
 
Works fine in northeast Scotland - Aberdeen. Signal quality from Nordic beam is around 79-80% and BER ~0-1000, depends on the weather (evenings are worse). And signal quality from European beam is even better.
There is a tree in front of my house, so I will probably have to cut a few branches, as I believe signal would improve after that. My dish catches some of them, can't relocate dish as it's been relocated twice now!
Is it legal to do so, or do I need permision from council?

My configuration is Triax TD110 with Dreambox DM500S and Inverto 0.3 LNB.
 
If the tree is in your grounds then it is yours but wait ...... you will have to make sure the Council have not put a Tree Preservation Order on it.

Now if this is the case then the Council should have informed you when this was done but it might be worth double checking, in case it was done before you moved in.
 
keano said:
If the tree is in your grounds then it is yours but wait ...... you will have to make sure the Council have not put a Tree Preservation Order on it.

Now if this is the case then the Council should have informed you when this was done but it might be worth double checking, in case it was done before you moved in.

No, not my grounds :(
Anyway, yesterday evening and today all day - signal quality from Nordic beam is worse than ever - around 61-68 percent. Don't know if it's the weather or what? No problems with dish mounting, sits fine.
Tree doesn't look old or some special kind of tree.. Anyway, will be trying to put my dish on the roof of the building. There are two dishes, and one of them is not connected to anywhere, will try to remove it and put my triax instead. Fed up with trees and don't want to move my dish from one place on the wall to another. Will try to mount it on the roof, no more trees, no more problems. The only problem is that house is 4 storey building and the roof itself isn't flat. A wee-bit dangerous. And the hatch to get on the roof isn't big enough to fit my TD110, will have to use a rope or something to bring it on the roof...
Why did I start with that Sirius 4 and Nordic beam at the first place?
My girlfriend thinks I'm a maniac as last few weeks I was just sitting online and surfing internet about satellites etc...
 
walio;711670} My girlfriend thinks I'm a maniac as last few weeks I was just sitting online and surfing internet about satellites etc...[/quote said:
this is why I now have 3rd girlfirend in 2 years! lol
 
dasteelman said:
this is why I now have 3rd girlfirend in 2 years! lol

Won't happen to me - we're together for 5yrs now, 4yrs old daughter, so she'll have to live with a maniac! At least that maniac brings hundreds of tv channels and good salary!
Anyway, she approved new sat receiver - kathrein 910 for around £245 which is a good sign!
 
dasteelman said:
this is why I now have 3rd girlfirend in 2 years! lol

I had similar problems and I changed my girlfriend rather than my hobby:cool:
 
signal in dublin,ireland gone.is anyone in ireland still receving nordic beam?
i have 130 cm. dish
 
They are peaking their footprint, this is always the case with new satellites.

Be prepared for even worse signal as the footprint aligns to the Nordic finalizing peak.
 
Guys no problem here in Manchester with 110cm Televes dish and sharp lnb.

Getting all Transponders with no ber at all.
 
keano said:
Guys no problem here in Manchester with 110cm Televes dish and sharp lnb.

Getting all Transponders with no ber at all.


nice clear dry day....best ive picked up
 
Nothing from Nordic beam 11958H in Plymouth.
 
Back
Top