Viasat on Sirius 2/3 Nordic Beam

kexas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m dish UK
My Location
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
flexi-lexi, how did you get on with you Sirius 3 Nordic beam. I try to get the same one from Swindon Wiltshire. Just purchased 1.8m dish from Maplin, signed contract with Viasat, but triing to get to it with no luck. I easily catched Sirius 2 4.8E with European beam on it but still desperate to get some Nordic beam channels.

Anyway, did you have any luck?

flexi-lexi

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m dish making the garden look good, Canal Digital Box & Subscription now up and running with some free HD channel subscription
My Location
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi Kexas,

Unfortunately I had no luck:mad:, no problems getting the Europe Beam, but for me there wasn't even a sniff off the Nordic Beam.

I wish i had carried out my research before hand as it has cost me 300 euro's :eek: to cancel Viasat.

But for some good news I have found that I can receive Canal Digital from Thor 2 but not Thor 3, however most of the channels are on Thor 2, I'm off to Scandinavia next week :) so am going to try to get the Canal Digital Subscription then. Will double check my reception next week before I go.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
kexas said:
flexi-lexi, how did you get on with you Sirius 3 Nordic beam. I try to get the same one from Swindon Wiltshire. Just purchased 1.8m dish from Maplin, signed contract with Viasat, but triing to get to it with no luck. I easily catched Sirius 2 4.8E with European beam on it but still desperate to get some Nordic beam channels.

Anyway, did you have any luck?

The dish you have purchased is not particularly well made and will behave more like a 1m dish unless it is set up perfectly, you also need to use a C120 LNB and feedhorn, as a standard LNB will not illuminate the dish properly.

kexas

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m dish UK
My Location
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
rolfw, thanks for your advice. I will get feedhord and c120 LNB. Is any particular make I have to look after / any particular specifications?

Also what did you mean by saying "will behave more like a 1m dish unless it is set up perfectly". Can you tell me more about setup of this particular dish - is any different of any other dish or what's the "catch"?

I will much apreciate your answer - I tried to find channels for more than 12 hours now, with no luck whatsoever.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
flexi-lexi said:
Hi people,

Just looking for help & advice in a similar situation as 'jimmyf' as I have signed up for a 2 year contract with Viasat, the difference been I'm located in Jersey in the channel Islands, a lot further south
Cheers for any help

Flexi-lexi

Hi, how did you sign the 2 year contract with Viasat from Jersey? Can't find many resellers that accept non-Scandinavian residents.

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi,
would like to know if at the end anyone could get the nordic beam of Sirius in the UK. I live in Cork Ireland, and I am looking to get this signal.

Thanks,

George

tunesguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 - motorised 1.25 mtr dish, relook 400s - motorised 1.8 mtr channel master -
My Location
North wales
hi buddy,

i have a channel master 1.8 metre dish with the invacom .3 lnb and feedhorn and get the tv1000 (viasat package) with out any problems at all, i do get it regular with my 1.2 metre but when it rains no go..
i live in northwales on the coast not from from llandudno..

hope this helps

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi there,
Yes it does help tunesguy:)...I will give it a shot and will buy the feedhorn and a 0.3 LNB....Do you advice any feedhorn in particular that you know is good:confused?, also, do you know if there is better than 0.3LNB's:confused?...

Thanks tunesguy:), I am relatively new on this:-worship.

George

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi tunesguy,
Just to be sure you're receiving the Nordic signal from the Sirus satellite, can you check this frequency please : 11.996 H, it is Viasat package that contains TvChile. It it just that it would very good news if you could actually receive it with your 1.2m dish, because it would mean that with my 1.8m one I should have very good chances here in Ireland.

Thanks very much again man,

George

tunesguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7020 - motorised 1.25 mtr dish, relook 400s - motorised 1.8 mtr channel master -
My Location
North wales
@ irish-man

its not been nice weather this evening raining etc.. dish knocked about alittle but the 1.2 metre only just watchable on relook 400 level green about 15% yellow 10% and i went and made sure it was bang on the satellite... 1.8 no probs both bars at about 85% sorry couldnt give you exact reading as relook has bars only ...

could nt have messed with the dreambox because the mrs was watching her tv im still in her bad books for playing with the fortec star dish 4 nights running..

cheers

flexi-lexi

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m dish making the garden look good, Canal Digital Box & Subscription now up and running with some free HD channel subscription
My Location
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hi satmonkey, My girl-friend is from Finland so we signed up for the package when we were up there, I think you probably need a personnel number for the country as well. Currently in the process of getting a Canel Digital Subscription for the Thor 2/3 satellites.

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi again tunesguy,
Thanks very much for the help. My 1.8 dish is a Fortec Star too. I will wait till you can check the frequency and channel before I go buying and intalling anything. When you have a chance if you could, I would appreciate it a lot : 11.996 H, SR 25750, and the channel is TvChile, the channel is part of a package of VIASAT. The channel is scrambled, but you will probably be able to the get stenght of the signal anyway and the name of the channel in you TV screen.

Thanks in advance again, I really apprecite it :-worship .

irish-man :)

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
tunesguy,
Sorry, the SR is 27500 (NOT 25750 as i quoted before)

Irish-man

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.8m. dish - 0.3 LNB
My Location
Ireland
Hi tunesguy,
Have you more information on my previous posts??

Thanks,

irish-man

nirelandguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TMS 1000D, TRIAX 88CM, SG2100A,AMSTRAD DRX 550,
My Location
Northern Ireland
Hmmm I get some of the Nordic Beam, TV1 Lithuanian, TV5 Latvia etc and this is using a TD88 Dish

coley99

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I have just been playing playing around and have just recieved Nordic beams on both Sirius 2 and Sirius 3 in London with only 60cm dish and Technomate TMS1000D (with sensitive tuner).

(Moveable dish on hatstand on patio!!)

Only just mind so I'm sure signal will disappear in bad weather or at certain times of day so you would need something bigger for regular use.

Anyone got these on a 60cm dish in this area?

jakenl

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Manhattan Starlight 5900+PVR-80GB,Topfield TF5000CI,Skystar2,110cm dish, Invacom 0,3dB, Moteck SG2100A,range: 75East-61West,AMD Sempron 2600+, Windows XP Pro.
My Location
The Netherlands
Here in central Holland 73% signal on nordic beam with 110cm.
No subscription on Viasat so no picture but on the same beam I get Lithuanian TV (LTV World) on 11843 H 27500:

lithuaniantv2november05gz0.jpg

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Now that Sirius 4 is in place, let's hope they move Viasat there. Some chans have already been moved from Sirius 2 but none from Sirius 3 as yet

walio

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
28E, 19E, 13E, Dreambox DM500S.
Sky, Cyfra, RTVi, MCT, SexView, Redlight.
My Location
Aberdeen Scotland
Captain Jack said:
Now that Sirius 4 is in place, let's hope they move Viasat there. Some chans have already been moved from Sirius 2 but none from Sirius 3 as yet

They should move everything there before 28th Jan.
I hope they move Viasat Lithuanian to European beam!

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
The Sirius 4 Nordic beam is doing very well so far. There are reports its a reasonably easy catch in south wales. Its certainly much stronger than the Sirius 2 Nordic beam here in the Scottish Borders