Viasat on Sirius 2/3 Nordic Beam

Captain Jack said:
Now that Sirius 4 is in place, let's hope they move Viasat there. Some chans have already been moved from Sirius 2 but none from Sirius 3 as yet

It will be as Sirius 4 is replacing Sirius 2 & 3.
 
Analoguesat said:
The Sirius 4 Nordic beam is doing very well so far. There are reports its a reasonably easy catch in south wales. Its certainly much stronger than the Sirius 2 Nordic beam here in the Scottish Borders

Tried to catch it with Triax TD110 yesterday, but had no luck. Didn't try too much, as I'm a "bit" ill all this week, flu probably... Anyway - had no luck but will try again next week hopefully! I need to buy a new wall mount, as the present one is a bit weak and I'm afraid, that dish can fall off the wall.
Should catch it, I know person living more north, in Strichen, around 35 miles from Aberdeen, and he's got 110cm dish and can get Viasat from nordic beam without any problems in any weather condintion.
 
I live in West Yorkshire and have just got a Viasat box with subscribtion.

I'm trying to find out how big a dish I'll need to receive the Danish channels (DR 1, DR 2, TV2, TV3, etc. = vertical transponders on the Nordic beam)
Reading through the forums on here, it appears that with Sirius 4, I should be able to get away with a 1.2m dish.

However, I'm talking to a satellite guy, who's struggling using my box on his 1m dish and he's therefore recommending a 1.5m dish :-DOH2!
He can get the channels on his dish, but looses them in bad weather.

Has anyone had any experience in getting any of these channels? :confused:

Thanks!
 
Hello danishTV and welcome to the forum. :)
Please let us know how you got the subscription in the UK, as we have searched high and low for a reasonable price outside the Scandinavian countries and all we can find is outrageous prices.
There are few Swedish members who will be happy to receive your feedback.:-worship
 
I got the box + sub using my parents address in Denmark :)

Just want to be able to use it now ;)
Have been in the UK for 10 years now, so it's about time I get it sorted.
 
Hi m8,

You should be able to get the Viasat H transponders now already, I have 110cm televes dish and get these no problem.

The V transponders, like 11977V and 11823V are still on sirius 3 nordic beam and are very hard to get the more West you go.

I do get them at certain times, normally between about 18.30 and 20.30.

It will be interesting to see what happens when they go to sirius 4 and if they fluctuate like they do now.

When I say fluctuate I mean that the V transponders on Viasat are all over the place they shoot up and down like a yo-yo.

Can be up and down by as much as 8% and its very hard to align dish on these because of it.
 
Hi Keano - thanks for your reply.

Do you know when the V transponders are going to be moved to Sirius 4? Also - do you have any advice re the dish size?

Cheers
 
m8 I'm not 100% sure if they are, looking above at Analoguesat post he does say that 4 is replacing 2 and 3.

I looked on the official SES site and could not find any info about what was moving.

I did notice that sirius 3 went up in 1998 so can't see it going to satellite heaven just yet.

Just had a look and sirius 3 has only been given a 12 year life span, so it only as 2 years left.
 
Sirius 4 should be in full commercial service by the end of January.
 
Has mentioned Sirius 4 European beam really really strong here strong and Nordic Beam good signal in South Wales.

Is there anything left on Sirius 2 which is still on the Nordic Beam?

Cheers
 
Thanks all,

Remlap - what size dish are you using for Sirius 4?
I would like a 1.2m is possible, but if now, is it possible to wall mount a 1.5m dish?
 
105cm Gibertini.
 
danishTV said:
Thanks all,

Remlap - what size dish are you using for Sirius 4?
I would like a 1.2m is possible, but if now, is it possible to wall mount a 1.5m dish?


I would not recommend wall mounting a 1.5mtr dish.

I have a 1.5mtr Gibertini dish here and even though 30cm does not sound much it is when you go up to sizes like this.

If I was you I would wait until the end of Jan when sirius 4 is fully in service.
Then I or anyone else can check for you, I'm just outside of Manchester so further West than you.
So if I can pick up the Viasat transponders you want with a 110cm dish over here then that will give you some sort of idea of dish size you need.


Just had a thought, its not just dish size its also LNB.

On my televes 110cm I use to have a 0.3 invacom and only got viasat H transponders in good weather in the evening.
I swapped it for a sharp LNB and now get them 24/7 and even in the rain.
 
i have been watching the nordic chanels h polary only no v chanels with 1m dish
 
It needs 1.5m dish and all channels yours if council housing area kids don't stone it(like mine). Had to move into garden and build high fence. Kids and their parents suspected it will damage their TVs and mobiles. Not funny - lost cartoon network, discovery and other favourites. Police and council housing management suggested insurance. Kids have all right to smash your dish.
Srius 4 got bad nordic beam and good european one.
Lets see how it goes.
Good luck!
 
will appreciate any ideas how to restore damaged dish.

Lithuanian, russian, all Disney channels still fluent.

If you need Viasat, then find a local Lithuanian or any other migrant from cheap subscription country and make a deal with them.

In Lithuania 12 months subscription pac. costs about 150GBP
 
savi said:
Srius 4 got bad nordic beam and good european one.

Good luck!

I don't see how its bad, reception in South Wales must be really terrible, come on!
 
savi said:
It needs 1.5m dish and all channels yours if council housing area kids don't stone it(like mine). Had to move into garden and build high fence. Kids and their parents suspected it will damage their TVs and mobiles. Not funny - lost cartoon network, discovery and other favourites. Police and council housing management suggested insurance. Kids have all right to smash your dish.
Srius 4 got bad nordic beam and good european one.
Lets see how it goes.
Good luck!
Why don't you just try to catch one of them and take it to his parents? Ask them to pay for the price of dish, and installers work, if they refuse to do so - take a rock and throw it to their plasma screen.
I wouldn't let kids to slip through without being punished, trust me.
I would do everything I can, and wouldn't bother with police or council, they are useless, the only think they can do is to say - we can't do this.
Sėkmės (Good luck)
 
We got British National Party councillor in our area. The kids' parents are very happy of their patriotic kids. When our windows are open, we can hear 'f... Polish' both from walking by kids and adults.
Thanks for advice anyway. I will not discuss the issue here for the forum is not about it. Just wanted to let you know what can happen if you live by white british council area (as I do) and you are an immigrant.

The beams of Sirius 4 are on the bottom of the website http://www.ses-sirius.com/satellites/sirius-4/ As you can see the Nordic beam from the satellite is nearly same as from Sirius 3

I am not sure which channels will be transfared to be projected by the nordic or the european beam.

Ačiū (thanks)
 
savi said:
The beams of Sirius 4 are on the bottom of the website http://www.ses-sirius.com/satellites/sirius-4/ As you can see the Nordic beam from the satellite is nearly same as from Sirius 3

I am not sure which channels will be transfared to be projected by the nordic or the european beam.

Ačiū (thanks)

Channels should be transferred before the end of the month, so we will find it out very shortly.
 
Back
Top