Viasat on Sirius 2/3 Nordic Beam

flexi-lexi, how did you get on with you Sirius 3 Nordic beam. I try to get the same one from Swindon Wiltshire. Just purchased 1.8m dish from Maplin, signed contract with Viasat, but triing to get to it with no luck. I easily catched Sirius 2 4.8E with European beam on it but still desperate to get some Nordic beam channels.

Anyway, did you have any luck?
 
Hi Kexas,

Unfortunately I had no luck:mad:, no problems getting the Europe Beam, but for me there wasn't even a sniff off the Nordic Beam.

I wish i had carried out my research before hand as it has cost me 300 euro's :eek: to cancel Viasat.

But for some good news I have found that I can receive Canal Digital from Thor 2 but not Thor 3, however most of the channels are on Thor 2, I'm off to Scandinavia next week :) so am going to try to get the Canal Digital Subscription then. Will double check my reception next week before I go.
 
kexas said:
flexi-lexi, how did you get on with you Sirius 3 Nordic beam. I try to get the same one from Swindon Wiltshire. Just purchased 1.8m dish from Maplin, signed contract with Viasat, but triing to get to it with no luck. I easily catched Sirius 2 4.8E with European beam on it but still desperate to get some Nordic beam channels.

Anyway, did you have any luck?

The dish you have purchased is not particularly well made and will behave more like a 1m dish unless it is set up perfectly, you also need to use a C120 LNB and feedhorn, as a standard LNB will not illuminate the dish properly.
 
rolfw, thanks for your advice. I will get feedhord and c120 LNB. Is any particular make I have to look after / any particular specifications?

Also what did you mean by saying "will behave more like a 1m dish unless it is set up perfectly". Can you tell me more about setup of this particular dish - is any different of any other dish or what's the "catch"?

I will much apreciate your answer - I tried to find channels for more than 12 hours now, with no luck whatsoever.
 
flexi-lexi said:
Hi people,

Just looking for help & advice in a similar situation as 'jimmyf' as I have signed up for a 2 year contract with Viasat, the difference been I'm located in Jersey in the channel Islands, a lot further south
...
...
...
Cheers for any help

Flexi-lexi


Hi, how did you sign the 2 year contract with Viasat from Jersey? Can't find many resellers that accept non-Scandinavian residents.
 
Hi,
would like to know if at the end anyone could get the nordic beam of Sirius in the UK. I live in Cork Ireland, and I am looking to get this signal.

Thanks,


George
 
hi buddy,

i have a channel master 1.8 metre dish with the invacom .3 lnb and feedhorn and get the tv1000 (viasat package) with out any problems at all, i do get it regular with my 1.2 metre but when it rains no go..
i live in northwales on the coast not from from llandudno..

hope this helps
 
Hi there,
Yes it does help tunesguy:)...I will give it a shot and will buy the feedhorn and a 0.3 LNB....Do you advice any feedhorn in particular that you know is good:confused:?, also, do you know if there is better than 0.3LNB's:confused:?...

Thanks tunesguy:), I am relatively new on this:-worship.


George
 
Hi tunesguy,
Just to be sure you're receiving the Nordic signal from the Sirus satellite, can you check this frequency please : 11.996 H, it is Viasat package that contains TvChile. It it just that it would very good news if you could actually receive it with your 1.2m dish, because it would mean that with my 1.8m one I should have very good chances here in Ireland.

Thanks very much again man,


George
 
@ irish-man

its not been nice weather this evening raining etc.. dish knocked about alittle but the 1.2 metre only just watchable on relook 400 level green about 15% yellow 10% and i went and made sure it was bang on the satellite... 1.8 no probs both bars at about 85% sorry couldnt give you exact reading as relook has bars only ...

could nt have messed with the dreambox because the mrs was watching her tv im still in her bad books for playing with the fortec star dish 4 nights running..

cheers
 
Hi satmonkey, My girl-friend is from Finland so we signed up for the package when we were up there, I think you probably need a personnel number for the country as well. Currently in the process of getting a Canel Digital Subscription for the Thor 2/3 satellites.
 
Hi again tunesguy,
Thanks very much for the help. My 1.8 dish is a Fortec Star too. I will wait till you can check the frequency and channel before I go buying and intalling anything. When you have a chance if you could, I would appreciate it a lot : 11.996 H, SR 25750, and the channel is TvChile, the channel is part of a package of VIASAT. The channel is scrambled, but you will probably be able to the get stenght of the signal anyway and the name of the channel in you TV screen.

Thanks in advance again, I really apprecite it :-worship .


irish-man :)
 
Hmmm I get some of the Nordic Beam, TV1 Lithuanian, TV5 Latvia etc and this is using a TD88 Dish
 
I have just been playing playing around and have just recieved Nordic beams on both Sirius 2 and Sirius 3 in London with only 60cm dish and Technomate TMS1000D (with sensitive tuner).

(Moveable dish on hatstand on patio!!)

Only just mind so I'm sure signal will disappear in bad weather or at certain times of day so you would need something bigger for regular use.

Anyone got these on a 60cm dish in this area?
 
Here in central Holland 73% signal on nordic beam with 110cm.
No subscription on Viasat so no picture but on the same beam I get Lithuanian TV (LTV World) on 11843 H 27500:

lithuaniantv2november05gz0.jpg
 
Now that Sirius 4 is in place, let's hope they move Viasat there. Some chans have already been moved from Sirius 2 but none from Sirius 3 as yet
 
Captain Jack said:
Now that Sirius 4 is in place, let's hope they move Viasat there. Some chans have already been moved from Sirius 2 but none from Sirius 3 as yet

They should move everything there before 28th Jan.
I hope they move Viasat Lithuanian to European beam!
 
The Sirius 4 Nordic beam is doing very well so far. There are reports its a reasonably easy catch in south wales. Its certainly much stronger than the Sirius 2 Nordic beam here in the Scottish Borders
 
Back
Top