Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
It's a long shot, but thought I'd ask.

I have a Viasat HD receiver (Samsung something or other) with an HD subscription. However, it's a bit wasted as I cannot physically receive HD channels, most of which are on SES-5 satellite, even with a 1.5m dish. But... there are a couple of HD channels on Astra 4A on 12608H frequency - but this is not what the Viasat receiver is tuned into.

The system is similar to that of Sky's own box, with an automatic channel list. However, while we can tune into extra channels on Sky's box, I cannot find a way to do this on this Viasat receiver. The closest I can get to is changing the default transponder... but that's about it. Am I being blind?

I know there are only two channels on that frequency but better than nothing!

A

archive10

I had Pace and Samsung HD (PVR) boxes from Viasat, and a Samsung SD box.
The HD boxes had no way of manually adding channels.
The SD did (actually does - I still have it somewhere), there is a separate menu to add new LNBs and frequencies to search.
So to answer your question: The HD boxes I had did not support what you want.

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
That sucks. Annoying, cos HD channels don't work outside the Viasat receiver and I can't receive HD channels on it... Oh well, let's hope the 1.8m pulls them in :)

RimaNTSS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Some SAT-related hardware.
My Location
N-E from Riga
Why do not you replace your Viasat receiver by another one. Perhaps it is still good time to ask Santa :rolleyes:

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Nothing new, Martin, just when/if I get it :)

Rimant, no other receiver will read the Viasat card for HD stuff (and I hear SD stuff as well now), so can't really use anything other than that. I hate it that most providers are forcing us to use their crappy receivers instead of providing us with a CAM. Kudos to French providers who do that and Vivacom of Bulgaria, who have an NDS CAM for their cards.

A

archive10

Nothing new, Martin, just when/if I get it :)
Still have a reflector leaning against the house... although it's about 1000km away from you :cool:
Not going to put up more 1.8meters anytime soon. Next step will be a 2.4m... or not. More likely another 1.2m motorised.

ABARKIE

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Vu Duo, ET9000, DM800se, TM5402, Sat BG, Viasat Latvia, JSC

Triax 1.1m, 43cm Motorised.

Archived: TM600, Eagle, Topfield 5000,TM6900
My Location
Find me near J15 M6
Can I ask where you got your subscription please as mine has expired and I need to renew

Thanks