Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
Hi,

anyone know of a shop that sells original Viasat (Sweden) subscriptions for residents outside Scandinavia?

-SB-

piticle

Reaction score
I have the same interesting, please if some one have information.

email address removed

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Please do not post email addresses on the forum. If anyone has the information you require it should be available to all our members

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
It can´t be done.

U must have an adress in Scandinavia

Copy right problem

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
Or more to the point Viasat require (as do most Swedish companies to be fair) you to have a Swedish personal number - the equivalent of a NI number - and ID card, plus a permanent address in Sweden, and be of good standing. If a person bought a card on your behalf, it's them personally that would have the credit check against them, and be liable for your possible failure to pay in the future going against their name on the government run list of debtors.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
The Swedish offering is not unlike most other domestic Pay-TV offerings - and there are frequently individuals or companies which provide this as a service to non-domestic viewers.

I imagine that possibly the demand for Nordic Pay-TV is not as high as for example Spanish, Italian, German, British packages.

In my case, I am actually Swedish - as are my parents - but we all live abroad. And we don't want to burden relatives or friends.

Low Profile

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800HD, DM7000 80GB HD with Asus WL330 wifi + 2GB usb drive, Skystar2.3, 2.2m Kinhuge Dish with Inverto LNB and Invacom ADF-120 feedhorn. Pace 1.3.25 and 80cm for Sky.
My Location
Lot, Dordogne, Correze border.
digitalsales.co.uk advertise the Viasat package for a whopping £745

kitschcamp

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TiVo & Sky/Astra 2D on a 1.8m Andrews dish. Canal Digital on 80cm fixed dish. DM800HD and DM500 on both dishes.
My Location
Eslöv, Skåne, Sweden
Jeez! The full package is only 299 SEK (£22-£23) a month.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
That's a nice profit they're making. Not sure SVT1+2 is really worth 750£ per year.

dig deep

Prince of Birthdays
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dream7020 and AZ Elite and a few DM800
My Location
Sweden
If U are just out for those 2 try to get a local card from Cnal D
80 sek/month They also offer tv4 and some more channels in that card

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
I'd love to get it ... but I'm a Swede living in Switzerland and that makes it tricky unless I can find someone living in Sweden to help me.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
satmonkey said:
The Swedish offering is not unlike most other domestic Pay-TV offerings - and there are frequently individuals or companies which provide this as a service to non-domestic viewers.

I imagine that possibly the demand for Nordic Pay-TV is not as high as for example Spanish, Italian, German, British packages.

In my case, I am actually Swedish - as are my parents - but we all live abroad. And we don't want to burden relatives or friends.

Hello satmonkey,

I understand your problem and also your wish not to burden relatives or friends.
If I had a similar position, I wouldn't hesitate to request a relative who is already a subscriber to get another smartcard and send it to you to Switzerland.
It would be better to send them presents that they can appreciate than to waste money on shops that makes outrageous profits.
Have you checked if you are entitled to subscribe, even if you are living abroad?
I know that Swiss nationals are entitled for a smartcard all over the world. Also Croatians.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
Hi,

Yes, it's not legal to obtain a Canal Digital or Viasat subscription outside Sweden even if you're a citizen living abroad, I think. There's a separate channel SVT Europe for people abroad but it's a very restricted offering.

If it was just the smartcard, it wouldn't be so bad. But I think Canal Digital and Viasat are bound to a receiver and that requires much more work.

Maybe next summer, I try to go to Sweden for a short visit. I'm still hoping that there's another way.

craggers82

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WIN VISTA
My Location
UK
Satmonkey,

You are allowed to subscribe to Viasat or any other European broadcaster provided you are in Europe. Read the Television without Frontiers directive. It states there that transmissions should not be restricted to territories and free movement of goods and services applies.

If you try to subscribe to Viasat direct, they will say that it is illegal for users outside Sweden to subscribe to their service. However, this is nonsense as they are only abiding by their own company rules and not international law. Every European broadcaster have agents which supply subscriptions to users outside territories and they have the right to do this, due to the Television without Frontiers directive. I would seek a satellite distributor in your area that sells Viasat subscriptions from agents.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
If anyone knows any satellite distributors or agents anywhere that would sell me a legal viasat subscription, I'd happily contact them. Unfortunately, I know none. I've surfed the internet extensively and been at all local retailers.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
craggers82 said:
Satmonkey,

You are allowed to subscribe to Viasat or any other European broadcaster provided you are in Europe. Read the Television without Frontiers directive. It states there that transmissions should not be restricted to territories and free movement of goods and services applies.

If you try to subscribe to Viasat direct, they will say that it is illegal for users outside Sweden to subscribe to their service. However, this is nonsense as they are only abiding by their own company rules and not international law. Every European broadcaster have agents which supply subscriptions to users outside territories and they have the right to do this, due to the Television without Frontiers directive. I would seek a satellite distributor in your area that sells Viasat subscriptions from agents.

Yes, you are correct as far as European law is concerned, but not as far as international copyright law goes and the latter is what the providers go by at the moment.

Also, Switzerland is not in the EU, so doesn't fall under the jurisdiction of EU laws.

craggers82

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
WIN VISTA
My Location
UK
Valid point. However, the concerns over copyright are not consistent. If subscibers outside territories are forbidden in paying a subscription, then why can DVD's be bought in Europe and shipped to the UK. The broadcaster's rules are all wrong.

Also I have just found a link to another directive aimed to be set regarding copyright and satellite broadcasting.

Copyright and related rights: satellite broadcasting and cable retransmission

The purpose of this Directive is to promote the free cross-border satellite broadcasting of programmes and their cable retransmission from other Member States, and in particular to remove the obstacles arising from disparities between national provisions on copyright and from the legal uncertainty that exists in this field.

taken from _http://europa.eu/scadplus/leg/en/lvb/l26031.htm

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The DVD point is not the same, as Europe is a region in itself, but don't really want to divert this thread from its original subject. This is a subject already under discussion elsewhere.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
satmonkey said:
If anyone knows any satellite distributors or agents anywhere that would sell me a legal viasat subscription, I'd happily contact them. Unfortunately, I know none. I've surfed the internet extensively and been at all local retailers.

Hi satmonkey,

I also tried to help you and searched for this subscription outside Sweden, but without success.

In Post #6 , you mentioned that you don't want to burden your friends and relatives.
Maybe it is time to look into this possibility, Surely they will understand why you need their help.

satmonkey

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Kathrein 90cm Dish;
Stab HH-90;
Humax PR-HD1000;
Diablo Light CAM;
CAS 3+ Programmer;
DVBViewer / vPlug;
My Location
Switzerland
Yeah, I know. Maybe next summer.

It seems trivial to get an original Sky UK subscription even if outside the UK. So many dealers offer this. It's a shame nobody does this for Swedish Pay TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.