Viewing card copy ?

wurfel

Reaction score
I was told, all cards in the world can be coppied except of the sky channel wieving cards in the UK, because of the extremely complicated code. Is it the truth ?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
wurfel said:
I was told, all cards in the world can be coppied except of the sky channel wieving cards in the UK, because of the extremely complicated code. Is it the truth ?

No is the short answer. Who told you Wurfel?

wurfel

Reaction score
jimbo said:
No is the short answer. Who told you Wurfel?
Any chances to get a longer answer, Jimbo ? Where to find the programms and what cards can be used ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think what Jimbo meant was that not all cards can be copied Wurfel, particularly the latest generation of Irdeto, Conax, Seca (Mediaguard), Cryptoworks etc. I don't think that he was infering that Sky digital cards could be copied.

wurfel

Reaction score
rolfw said:
I think what Jimbo meant was that not all cards can be copied Wurfel, particularly the latest generation of Irdeto, Conax, Seca (Mediaguard), Cryptoworks etc. I don't think that he was infering that Sky digital cards could be copied.
Thx, Rolf. I.e. they absolutely can´t ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
One can never say absolutely, but for the moment it is pretty safe to make that assumtion. :)

wurfel

Reaction score
rolfw said:
One can never say absolutely, but for the moment it is pretty safe to make that assumtion. :)
Thx again for this (though disappointing) answer. How do I learn when that assumption becomes less safe ?
Is there a way to get the original sky cards outside of the UK without paying high commissions to the (half) legal distributors ?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
All you have to do is find someone who lives in the UK, then they can arrange one for you, all you have to do is pay for it. :)

(allegedly) :p