That's not a tight curve and a zip tie there would cause no issueSo there should be no ty-rap nearer to the LNBs, in my opinion.
That's not a tight curve and a zip tie there would cause no issueSo there should be no ty-rap nearer to the LNBs, in my opinion.
The box imaged is not waterproof, they are IP66 and are reliant on the installer ensuring all glands used are at the base of the device with the correct sealing protocol. You will not get more than one DiSEqC switch and three cables in each.
I a;ways use top quality electrical tape for securing cables on dish booms and masts, lasts way longer than plastic cable ties do and stays in the position I orignslly wrap it.![]()
SEKISUI 19mm x 20m PVC Tape 360
One of the 3 points is giving me bad signal while the other 2 works. I think that it is the multi-switch as all the 3 LNBs connected to it are gone (the signal first went then came back and now went again). The other 2 points with separate multiswitch work perfectly ....
They are, by the way, not multi-switches. They are (ordinary) diseqc switches.
... so I would assume that it could either be the cable run or themultiswitch.
Thank you yes diseq switches and two lnbs plus a separate aerial pointing at 28 East as the aerial in the photo had no visibility of 28 due to a chimney in the way.I repeat:
You have now 3 LNBs and 3 "points"/receiver connections? (Your last photo had 2 LNBs.)
I share your preliminary assumption.
Greetz,
A33
plus a separate aerial pointing at 28 East
Thank you. The F connector inside the flat was ok so I managed to go up today and did the swap and after the swap both points started working again so I suspect some kind of oxidation if that is something that can happen. For the records previously I have only changed the cables between the hot bird LNB and the switches not the cables between the Astra LNB and the switches.Ah, OK.
I´d first check the F-connector connections, of the cable.
You could also try one of the "good" receivers at the "bad" end of the cable, to rule out the receiver as the culprit.
greetz,
A33