Visiosat bisat - loss of signal during bad weather

On the Technomate I can manually add DW on that frequency and the manually set channel shows the image for 3 seconds then stops.

Did you also try 11774 and 11782 as frequencies, instead of 11778? In case of a drifted LOF?

(Too many posts to read them all back, so I just ask...)

Greetz,
A33
 
Did you also try 11774 and 11782 as frequencies, instead of 11778? In case of a drifted LOF?

(Too many posts to read them all back, so I just ask...)

Greetz,
A33
Thank you!!! By doing thatvI realised that the symbol rate was wrong. Strangely it was set on both the TM and the Humax to 27500 instead of 29500. By setting it up as 11774 I entered correctly the symbol rate.
The strange thing is that the Humax was still showing the channel although the TP had the wrong symbol rate value.
I am not sure how he TP lusts are maintained or if they get auto updated.
Anyway thank you to all the members - I have a perfectly working system now.
 
Are you still having issues? Reception of 19.2E / 28.2E and 13E in London under heavy rain

I calculated the needed multifeed-skew angle, with my (new) monoblock-skew calculator (the calculation for one 'extreme sat' at the center).

Bamboccio  London  Multifeed skew calculation   Schermafdruk op 2023-09-07 .png

So for London, it would be about -14 degrees.

I checked the height difference of your present setup with some BiSat holders I got, and it seems to be about 13 mm, when looking at your picture in the post above.
For the 14 degree angle, the height difference could be about 16 mm, so a bit more.

So if you want to test or finetune again, some day, this might be relevant information.

Greetz,
A33
 
@a33 - I think you may have to wait a few days for an answer to that question as we're having a heatwave and lots of sun for the next few days here in London! :)
 
Thank you @a33 - I am kind of happy with my reception now so I will probably not touch it but will take another photo of the LNBs to check again how they are and I will post it back.
 
it appears to be more 18nm in my setup. Now I am not sure which of the two is the correct one so I will probably leave it as it is unless there is an east rule that I can follow.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5596.jpeg
    IMG_5596.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
Absolutely helpful. If they move / need changing I will use it.

Many thanks!
The time of me fine tuning may just have come as the LNB brackets have loosen up and I lost the skew. I thought that I put it back ok but just now under heavy rain HB had no signal while Astra was OK ALL the time. Strangely there are still heavy clouds and I am getting 14.5db on 11.766 HB. The fact that Astra was on all the time may mean that Astra is good and HB not so good. What would be the best way to check the quality of the signal with my Technomate 5402 M3?IMG_7241.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I have checked against the photo I posted before in this thread and actually now the signal is higher than what it was then so it is very strange that I get no signal intermittently.
 
So the problem got worse and I realised it is on horizontal transponders which makes me think that the LNB is gone. Do you guys think that if I buy a new LNB I can just reuse the holder that I have?
 
Thank you. Do you have any suggestions for which one to buy?
Megasat Diavolo LNBs seem to be a forum favourite at the moment but I've never tried one. For strong satellites I would just go for whatever is cheap. I still like the original Inverto Black Ultras and have had good results with the blue Inverto PLLs.
 
Thank you - I will go for the Inverto IDLT-QTL412-ULTRA-OPN Quattro-LNB and see how it goes with the replacement :)
Just to be sure, do you need a quattro LNB? They output one band only (low H, low V, high H, high V) on each connection and are usually only used with multiswitches. For direct connection to receivers you need a quad LNB.

Also the IDLT-QTL412-ULTRA-OPN is the newer PLL Type Ultra which don't appear to perform as well as the original DRO Black Ultra Invertos.
 
Thank you. Ok. I will use a multi switch but to have a triple feed sioI think that then I need a quad lLNB. Is there a retailer associated to the forum that I can use and if so could you suggest a model there?
 
On Amazon I found a Humax one:

HUMAX Green Power Quad LNB, 4 Subscribers, Satellite Universal LNB, Energy Saving, 4-Way LTE Filter, Weather Protection Housing, Gold-Plated F-Sockets, for Digital TV in HD, Full HD and 4K UHD​

 
Back
Top