VMC + Technisat + TV Pack

timhan

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5400 CI+ USB,
105cm Gibertini dish,
Smart Titanium LNB (0.2 db); FloppyDTV (2) in HTPC.
My Location
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I have my new Technisat installed and using DVBViewer, I am able to view programs. I set Vista Media Player up by installing the TV Pack. In VMC setup I can see that the card is getting a signal, but when I try to view channels, I get the "No TV Signal" message.

I know the signal is good as I have verified it on my Technomate STB and with DVBViewer. I had this working this morning and due to some other problems, I decided to do a fresh install of everything. I've applied all the recommended patches and the latest version of the TV Pack.

I'm using 28.2 and just did a scan of all transponders and found no new channels. The cable is direct from the LNB to the card (No Diseqc issues).

Anyone have any idea of where I need to look or experience fixing it? I've been googling all day on this one.

Thanks in advance!
Tim

tph

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3.2 metre with quad LNB for 28E with Pace 2600C1. 2.4 metre movable with Samsung DSR9500 & Dragon CAM.
My Location
Larnaca, Cyprus
I seem to be in the same boat. Any ideas anyone??

Thanks TPH

mastercare

Reaction score
the vista media centre will not talk to a dvb s card directly although it says it is scanning chs ok...you need to google dvblink this sets up a bridge for the media centre and makes vista think it is using a terrestial card..i tried this setup with my skystar2 card works very well..also scambled chs can be decoded on your local set up with acamd worth tying..hope this is what u on abt..
cheers