Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
By David Wilkes
Last updated at 12:11 AM on 23rd March 2010

Harry Carpenter, the boxing commentator known for his banter wth Frank Bruno, has died at the age of 84.

Carpenter was the voice of the BBC's boxing coverage for nearly 50 years, becoming the subject of Bruno's 'Know what I mean, 'arry?' catchprase in the 1980s.

A spokesman for the sport's presenter's family today said Carpenter died at King's College Hospital, London, on Saturday.

David Wills, his solicitor, said: 'He had been unwell since last summer when he had a minor heart attack.'

Read more: -http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1259805/Harry-Carpenter-dies-aged-84.html#ixzz0ixSmAPNs

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
A real gentleman. A brilliant commentator and interviewer of the many boxers of his era.

Probably his finest moment was the Ali versus Foreman 'Rumble in the Jungle' match in Zaire.

"Ali, at times now, looks as though he can barely lift his arms up. Oh, he got him with a right. He's got him. Oh, you can't believe it. And I don't think Foreman's going to get up. He's trying to beat the count. And he's out! Oh my God, he's won the title back at 32! Muhammad Ali."

RIP Harry.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Consummate Pro and a real Gentleman

RIP, Harry.