VU+ Duo, Quick review.

moonbase

Small Dish Man
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
profixit,

Would you please be able to PM me the supplier that you got the Vu+ Duo from for £290 as I am looking for one of these myself and the best price I can get is £300 including delivery?

Thx

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
4 Ps3's Two slim and two phat (original 60gig version)
My Location
London
Moonbase. I got it from ebay, Originally he had it up for £319 (free delivery)and was accepting offers. I made him an off of £275, I'll collect and pay in cash. He refused and made a counter offer which was £290.
He lives in NW London and I live in North London, so i didn't have to go far.
Surrey, bit far. it'll cost you a tenner and time. if you collect. Better to pay £300 and get it delivered.
The cheapest he was charging was £315 inc Delivery. Due lots of interest and 5 other offers.

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
My Location
London
First impressions.
If a had paid anything more than £300 (at this time) i would be absolutely livid. i think it's worth £250.

Looks Fine, feels Good. Remote button lay out could be better.
Stock FW is useless.
Flashed it with VIX 2.1 in under a minute.
Not so sure about the picture quality at the moment, was expecting better.
Shame about PIP
Quite technical, Not for the faint hearted. (great for me, not for my Dad)

Early days for me yet.

I think the Ultimo will be a real winner, if this is anything to go by. 3 tuners, nice. But it's all about that new Chip.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
profixit said:
i think it's worth £250.
So what receiver that costs £250 or less is comparable?
profixit said:
Quite technical, Not for the faint hearted.
I don't know what you mean by this. Once the software is loaded and the box configured it's easy to use. My six-year-old doesn't have any trouble finding what she wants to watch, broadcast or recorded.

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
My Location
London
Maybe I'm a bit hasty, in devaluing it. I'll be honest, My product knowledge is poor. So i can't answer that question. (most others seem to be in the £300 to £400 range? So it's extremely competitive)
Last night i was comparing it with a PlayStation 3. Picture and speed of operation. Which is stupid.
I don't want to offend anyone. I'm a tightfisted so and so and will always try and get something for nothing or less.

As for technical bit, don't see how anyone could use it normally without flashing it. For Example, couldn't get BBC One HD, until i flashed it.(maybe it's just me) So i'm talking in teams of setting it up and configuration.

All My points you've raised only make feel even better with my purchase.

After using it again today for short while, i see it in different light, and the picture is good no doubt. (i'm not lover of 1080i) Red it can playback in 1080p. haven't tried that yet. I'll play something of a pendrive soon.

Need to get HDD, something Like WD Green range.

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
My Location
London
Thinking about your first question, i can't answer it because maybe there are no comparable receive for £250, none that I've noticed. Wise i would of bought one.