VU+ headaches

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Huevos said:
1.0 and 1.1 are for switches, not positioners. If he has a V-box being controlled from the receiver that is 1.2.

Yes, I know that Huevos. I use my Echostar AD3000ip to control my motor for my DM8000, and use Diseqc 1.1 in the E2 CVS image, which has the same basic menu settings as in the VU+ (somewhat similar to the pic you have provided).

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
malcom123 said:
Those are the settings I already have!!!!!!!!

So why do you want to change them then?

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Llew said:
Yes, I know that Huevos. I use my Echostar AD3000ip to control my motor for my DM8000, and use Diseqc 1.1 in the E2 CVS image, which has the same basic menu settings as in the VU+ (somewhat similar to the pic you have provided).
Sorry I'm getting confused. I'm only familiar with the DiSEqC era, which is why I am asking so many stupid questions about the positioner. To me a positioner is a V-box, which takes DiSEqC commands or a 36V receiver like my Manhattan ST.

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised system. Samsung reciever. Sky HD
My Location
Birminham west midlands
I was having trouble locating Eurobird 9deg South.........So I phoned the installer that set up my pace box last weekend and told him I had a new reciever. I mentioned what setting I had and he suggested they were wrong as I am not using the reciever to drive the dish........Hence I started experimenting and got box crashes which I mentiond in my earlier post this evening.......

I thank you for you have confirmed that I have after all got the right settings for my set up........

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
Try this one (should be similar for your box) -

Attachments

• Motorised Tuner A All Satellites DiseqC Switch 1.jpg
    Motorised Tuner A All Satellites DiseqC Switch 1.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 52

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
malcom123 said:
I thank you for you have confirmed that I have after all got the right settings for my set up........
With those settings nothing in the aerial system is being controlled at all. All it is doing is selecting the transponder data that corresponds with the satellite you have (manually) pointed the dish at.

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Llew said:
Try this one (should be similar for your box) -

Thank's. Your list of settings is longer not like my box. The settings Huevos gave were exactly the same as mine........

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Huevos said:
With those settings nothing in the aerial system is being controlled at all. All it is doing is selecting the transponder data that corresponds with the satellite you have (manually) pointed the dish at.

Good that's reassuring I was a bit concerned that a voltage might been being sent along the dish cable.....

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Huevos said:

I just hope if and when I modernise with a Disq 1.2 that the reciever doesn't crash as it always has when the settings are changed .....

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Huevos said:

OK, scrub that. He's not using any Diseqc switching. Not sure what you mean by transponder data, it's simply setting up the Diseqc commands (or None, in the case of no Diseqc being used, as in your pic).

In any case, that configuration works for me irrespective of whether I'm using a switch or just connected straight to the LNB.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
malcom123 said:
Good that's reassuring I was a bit concerned that a voltage might been being sent along the dish cable.....
It sends the 13/18 control voltage up the coax to the LNB to control the polarisation.
Llew said:
Not sure what you mean by transponder data, it's simply setting up the Diseqc commands (or None, in the case of no Diseqc being used, as in your pic).
Llew, I meant indirectly.

malcom123

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Birminham west midlands
Thank's guys. Even if I didn't need to change anything I have learned a bit more........Have a good night......Regards.

profixit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM1000D+
Vu+ Duo
Panansonic TX L42D25B
4 Ps3's Two slim and two phat (original 60gig version)
My Location
London
Huevos said:
P.S. it takes a little while and a bit of frustration to start to understand the Vu+ Duo (or any Linux receiver for that matter) but once you do you will find the box can do almost anything.

Not Wrong, Hello again Huevos.
It feels like ages since I've been back here. Must of signed up to twenty different forums by now.
I realize now much i didn't know. Over two weeks, trawling though post after post.
If it wasn't for a few timely releases lately, I'd be well behind.
Still much to lean. For example. Channel editing brought me here.:)