VU+ Solo2 Factory reset...

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 gilbertini with VU+ Solo2. 60cm with Spanish TDT from satellite.. and channel master 1.0m for 27.5 hopefully..LOL
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
I have just been reading my manual for my solo2 (a rare thing indeed LOL). Because i want to do a factory reset as i keep having problems with my box and openpli 4. But it isn't clear if i do the reset will it leave my hard drive recordings and films alone... i wouldn't want to loose all the stuff i have on it anyone know for sure please??? thanks guys.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Why not try backing up your recordings, on your PC, just to be safe?
Connect using Filezilla then look for the HDD folder, also the media folder, which also contains the HDD movie folder.

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2 gilbertini with VU+ Solo2. 60cm with Spanish TDT from satellite.. and channel master 1.0m for 27.5 hopefully..LOL
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
Thanks for that i could do that but it is a large amount of data and i would sooner not have to...........

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
A factory reset shouldn't affect the hard drive, only formatting it should do that. The only problem might be whether any new image recognizes the recordings, and hard drive, without having to initialize it.
Do you plan on using the same image, after the factory reset?
Never tried a factory reset but I did update my image, via the USB, and the recordings remained, but I did use the same image, Black Hole, just the latest version.

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
yes i don't think that's a problem as i have had Vix, black hole, openpli and openspa on and all recognize the films, I do like vix very much and openspa is pretty good as well but cannot get it to work with BISS on 27.5w

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
57E to 58W, C-band and Ku, DVB-S2, 4:2:2 and blindscan.
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
All that factory reset does is return the current image to its default state. It's almost the same as doing a reflash but not as clean.

BTW, have you got the Spanish TDT from sat working on the Solo2?

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
Thanks for that then how do i return my solo2 to its original state ?? before it had anything flashed to it? in a nice clean start .. the problem is that i has openspa on before openpli i flashed the openpli 4 on to it but when you boot from cold it displays openspa screen first then into the new flash...

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Download the factory image.

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
the problem is that i has openspa on before openpli i flashed the openpli 4 on to it but when you boot from cold it displays openspa screen first then into the new flash...
Flash with OpenViX should return it to factory boot logo too.

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
OK Thanks.....

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
All that factory reset does is return the current image to its default state. It's almost the same as doing a reflash but not as clean.

BTW, have you got the Spanish TDT from sat working on the Solo2?
No i haven't seen anywhere where someone thinks it can be done and i have looked I ended up having to buy a sat box specially for satellite cost me 200€ but had no choice as we live in what they call the the sombra (the shade LOL) but what it means is we don't get any TV signals at all you have to prove you can't before you get one and then they have to switch it on from Madrid i think... there are no phone lines here we can just get a little bit of mobile signal. Our water is from the mountain.. So we are out in wilds as you can imagine half way up a mountain........

Huevos

Satellite Freak
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
38.5ºN, 0.5ºW
Ok, but once you get the dedicated box and card can you use the card in Solo2?

radicaldoc

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Horizon USB Plus
My Location
Nr Martos, Jaen. Spain..
N
Ok, but once you get the dedicated box and card can you use the card in Solo2?
No there is the problem its just a small box no card............ And you have never seen such a crap sat box it's horrendous it's by Televes it has cable in and cable out but you can only watch the program through the scart cable the cable out only carries open signal and not the unlocked signal...crap