VU+UNO 4K and VU+SOLO problem

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
Hi friends,
Is there anyone who can give me a tip to fix it?

I'm a owner of an VU+UNO 4K which switches off after 60- 90 min. work, i wait 30 min. and then works again 60 - 90 min and so on.
I've also an VU+Solo broken, can see an red diod in the front of the box, is there any way to bring it back to life?
Sorry for my bad english :)
Thanks in advance for all tip

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
If you do a google search, for VU+ Solo red light problem, you should find some answers, but first check that your VU+ Solo is genuine, and not a clone. This can also be found, via a google search.

The VU+ Uno 4K problem might be an overheating issue. Have you got sufficient ventilation/airflow, around your receiver?
Do you get any warning, blue screen, error message, or anything else, prior to it shutting down?
What image do you have loaded, and do you have any addons/plugins, loaded, that might be causing this problem?

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
If you do a google search, for VU+ Solo red light problem, you should find some answers, but first check that your VU+ Solo is genuine, and not a clone. This can also be found, via a google search.

The VU+ Uno 4K problem might be an overheating issue. Have you got sufficient ventilation/airflow, around your receiver?
Do you get any warning, blue screen, error message, or anything else, prior to it shutting down?
What image do you have loaded, and do you have any addons/plugins, loaded, that might be causing this problem?
Hi Mickha and thanks for your quick replay , yes all my VU+ are genuine.

I use an " laptop cooling pad" under the VU+Uno 4K just for cooling down it. I have used several images and it turns off with all, without any warning, just get black on screen. The image i use is OpenPli 7.3 with Oscam.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
You could try doing a fresh installation, with the original image:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/

Once loaded just scan in some FTA channels, Free To Air, and don't install any other plugins/addons, including Oscam.

Then try viewing these unencrypted channels and see if your receiver goes off, or continues working. If it still goes off you might have to contact your supplier, as it could be a hardware fault, if it continues to work you know the problem is software related.

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
You could try doing a fresh installation, with the original image:
Code:
http://code.vuplus.com/

Once loaded just scan in some FTA channels, Free To Air, and don't install any other plugins/addons, including Oscam.

Then try viewing these unencrypted channels and see if your receiver goes off, or continues working. If it still goes off you might have to contact your supplier, as it could be a hardware fault, if it continues to work you know the problem is software related.
Thanks Mickha , i'll try it tomorrow.

Ferret

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue UE 4K
Octagon SF8008
Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
On the 4k box check your image does not have the auto standby function enabled.

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
That's sure hardware !
I've changed to original image and just scaned FTA channels but as before switches off again after 15 min.
So I guess it's a hardware failure, but the warranty has already expired :wacko:.
Thanks for all the tip i got

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
Try disconnecting the LNB, and all other inputs, after switching the receiver off, then power up, and see if it still turns off.

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
I did that already every time I change receivers, I currently use the old VU + Sole SE.

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I would contact your supplier and try to get them to get it repaired, or replaced.
Does the VU+ Uno 4K have an internal, or external, PSU, Power Supply Unit? Most of the time problems occur due to a failing PSU, on a lot of electrical devices, especially external PSU's.

Ferret

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Gigablue UE 4K
Octagon SF8008
Viark Sat 4k
Viark DRS2
Qviart Dual
BuzzTv XRS4500
Nvidia Shield
Eachlink X3 Mini 4/64gb
My Location
Leeds
As above they do use external PSU it could be its breaking down after a period of time causing the box to switch off.

Try another you may have one laying around with a voltage amp and centre pin match.

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
Hi and thanks for the reply.

Have measured my PSU and it gives 12.23 V and 3.98 Amp, it does not seem to be wrong

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North West
I'm not certain that proves your PSU is working perfectly, as you state that this only happens after a length of time. Have you checked the readings after your receiver shuts down?
You could take the lid, off your receiver, after it has been unplugged, and check for any signs of bulging caps, or obvious burning, without touching the components.

Surfer4U

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+SOLO SE ; VU+SOLO2
My Location
Scandinavia
I'm not certain that proves your PSU is working perfectly, as you state that this only happens after a length of time. Have you checked the readings after your receiver shuts down?
You could take the lid, off your receiver, after it has been unplugged, and check for any signs of bulging caps, or obvious burning, without touching the components.
Thank you Mickha but my knowledge in electronics is limited, so I do not know how to make such measurements. Must look for an authorized technology here in Sweden to help me.

Satspot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM5402 M4
1.2m Triax dish
Technomate H to H motor
My Location
Ireland
Generally speaking those symptoms point to a possible dry solder joint or failing caps. The cheaper option for the moment would be trying a replacement power supply but from what you say it appears to be working correctly.