Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Channel Master 1.2 1224 H2H. Traix TD88. Sky+
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all

I currently have an Echostar 3000ipva, and want to upgrade to an Dreambox, but I am concerened with the tuner "issue". I can pull in channels from Sirius and Thor witha CHM 1.2m dish connected to the Echostar.

Can someone tell me if the tuner in the DM is better than the Echostar? I'd hate to loose the channels that I can currently lock on to.

Other issue is do you think there will be an add on so I can use a 36v H2H and Diseque other LNB's? So I have a motorised and fixed dish system? seems crazy that this isnt avaliable at present.

Hope someone can help!

Thanks!

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
digiguy said:
Other issue is do you think there will be an add on so I can use a 36v H2H and Diseque other LNB's? So I have a motorised and fixed dish system? seems crazy that this isnt avaliable at present.

Not sure how to check the tuner issue without someone taking a DreamBox to your home and plugging it into your setup. never had a problem with the tuner on my 7000s.

Sure you can use a V-box for H-H and it does already have single, multi and motor DiSEqC function on the images.

The spec of the new boxes is available if you do a search - they have been due out from the end of last year but so far not appeared.

If I can find the spec I will reply again.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
only subjective - but the tuner in my Fortec Star seems a lot more sensitive.

(Although I can get TP's from Thor & Sirius on my DB with an 85cm dish in S Wales).

jwok

Reaction score
I have the same receiver and have decided to wait for the next Db release. I'd just feel sick if I bought a 7000 now and the 7020 was to appear a month later!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Maybe, but based on the history of the 7000, there will be plenty of early-release teething troubles. I'd wait for R2!

If it was all going so well in the test lab, they would have been out months ago!

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
I had a reply to an email that I sent to Dream-Multimedia-Tv GmbH they told me that the Dreambox 7020 wont have dual tuners, I was lead to believe that the new DM's would have dual tuners!

WAs I just being too hopeful?

Cheers all

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
As far as I'm aware, the 7025 (in the thread title) is a completely different animal to the 7020 you asked Dream about.

Dreambox 7020 - Improved - With one tuner

Dreambox 7025 - Improved - With two tuners

Dreambox 7080 - Improved - With one tuner and DVD Burner

Dreambox 7085 - Improved - With two tuners and DVD Burner

STICK

digiguy

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echostar 3600.
P4 2k. Broadband 2
My Location
Buckingamshire UK
Hi all. Thanks for the replies. Yes, I did infact mean the 7025.My concern, and I have asked about this in lots of forums is about using a VBOX for my 36v H2H and multi LNB's on my fixed dish with a diseqc switch. A few have said its not possible, and others have said it can be done.

"No receiver of any make will control a motorised dish AND switch LNBs at the same time" Said my dealer

My questions are.

The 7025 with dual tuner, do you think it will be possible to have diseqc from each tuner o/p? I was wondering if the vbox could be on one o/p and diseqc switch on the other?
It seems odd to me that something as powerful as the Drembox can't handle this already. Maybe I am wrong here, but my ideal would be to have the vbox and multi lnb's connected via a diseqc switch, every sat on the H2H would have one port, and the multi lnb's have the other ports. Sorry but I have yet to get my DM so am very new to the receiver.

I have a netgear router and standard adsl (512) is this suitable for the DM?

Thanks for your help!

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
The jury is still out on the switch/motor question AFAIK. It's not something that many attempt. I don't know why, as It's something I plan to do. Have a look at my new DiSEqC guide if you're interested.

The twin tuner thing is interesting. I have no idea!

The answer to your Internet question is yes, it's fine.
STICK