Water charges

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
"One pound a week will supply water for an entire village in
Tanzania" says Oxfam. So how come United Utilities charge me twenty pounds a month for my three bedroom semi? The fleecing b*st*rds!!!

J

Jeff_19341

Just write to Oxfam, offering them £2/week to supply you. I'm sure that Oxfam would make use of the extra £1/week that you donate:-doh! .

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
JuMbuCk said:
Just write to Oxfam, offering them £2/week to supply you. I'm sure that Oxfam would make use of the extra £1/week that you donate:-doh! .

They will just pass it on to that so and so at the top and he will just fill his fancy limo up with more petrol than usual. The day charities go back to being charities where nobody in the organisation earns a penny... that is the day I will go back to collecting door to door like I did for 15 years and many times having the door slammed in my face so that some whizzo exec could have a better model of car to drive round to functions in.

J

Jeff_19341

I seem to have read somewhere that 90% of contributions is used up in salaries, expenses, advertising etc with only 10% actually being used for the purpose that donors give for.

I only donate to small local charities now, I can at least see if my money is being used effectively and vote with my feet if I'm not satisfied.
I've got very cynical in my old ageO-Ha