Web X Tv For Windows Vista

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
A how to for Dreambox users using Vlc with Windows Vista.
Works with my nVidia Ge Force 7 Series 7300 GS Video Card.

HOWTO

1. Update your Windows

2. Use the latest graphic drivers, and latest MotherBoard Drivers. This means nVidia 100.65 and ATI Catalyst 7.1. If you don't use these drivers, don't expect it to work correctly, and don't expect anyone to help you.

3. Reboot

4. Install or re-install a fresh copy of V+9
LC 0.8.6a from Videolan website. If you reinstall, delete your preferences folder.

5. Launch VLC and open the Setting tab, click on Preferences.
Make sure the Advanced box is ticked in the bottom right corner.

6. Expand the Video Preference, expand Output modules and click on DirectX. Unclick the option "Use hardware YUV -> RGB conversions". Click back on Output modules and on the drop down box, choose DirectX video output.

7. Save preferences. Restart VLC.

This should correct the issues. If it doesn't, please redo the same steps and try the DirectX 3D output.

Troubles
If you have an ATI card, this should have corrected the issues. That is also true for some nVidia users... But sometimes this is not enough. And then, pfff, take a deep breath and try to follow me.

Two options :

You are not a geek and your computer should just work
Then, try this, Go back to preferences, and change the output modules to OpenGL or GDI... Or any module in the list and hope it works...

You understand a bit more how computer works.
Then use another version of VLC, unreleased, unfinished, unstable as that could do the trick:

Use vlc-0.9.0-svn-20070203-0415-win32 that you can find on http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/win32/
And do the same:

Play with DirectX and Direct3D output modules and play with the option "Use hardware YUV -> RGB conversions"

I hope this helped.
If you are desperate, before hanging yourself, you could try VLC 0.8.5, some people have said this worked...

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
THANK YOU !
at least something that's working with Vista !

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
Just keep grinding them in, Nero is a B*****D, Eventually got it going With Nero Lite. No trouble with anything else YET.

JTA

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM8000HD+DM7000S with PLi image, CCcam, movable dish 0.85 m, very happy indeed
My Location
Belgium
most of my video editing tools won't work either ! Strangely enough, though, some pre-XP video tools do seem to be working. Looks as if they changed some XP functions in such a way that these are no longer compatible with the current XP software. win98 software, which doesn't use these functions, seems to be working much better in Vista.
and most vendors have released Vista patches, but only for their most recent software versions, so I'd have to upgrade all my software to the latest version to use these patches ! No thanks.