weekepg

7kviper

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate tm600 setup with card sharing . quad core 2.88ghz 4gb ram pc, 20mb virgin broadband
My Location
london
hi guys im new to this forum but already i can see therez some very bright sparks out there. hopefully someone can help me. im trying to setup the weekepg on my tm600 to install to either a usb stick or usb hard drive. the instructions ive seen only install to tmp area which disapears after restart. also do i have to install the latest weekepg everyweek myself or is this automatic ? if so how is it setup ?

cheers
7kviper

mapex

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
vuplus, DM500S X2,TM500 SUPER,Motorised Fracarro Penta Dish,Basic Sky Set Up, Cyrus HiFi, 3 drumkits, 1 wife.3 drumkits.Bonneville SE
My Location
Glasgow
Taken from digitalworlds forum put together by digidude....

this worked for me but i d/l it with pictures

How to install and use WeekEPG on a TM500 / TM600
A guide by digidude 
OK, first the basics and the obvious. You need a Technomate TM500 or TM600 Linux receiver. It needs to be connected to your broadband router. And you need to have the UR image installed.
On your receivers remote control, press the blue button, if asked for a PIN, enter 0000, now press the blue button again to access the download server. Highlight Download Addons… and press OK, now highlight WeekEPG 3.3b and press OK, confirm, that you want to install it and wait for the installation complete message at the bottom of the screen, now press exit until you are out of all menu’s.
Press the yellow button on the remote to access your plugins menu, highlight WeekEPG 3.3b and press OK and a small popup box will appear, press UP so that SETUP is highlighted and press OK, you will now see the WeekEPG setup screen.
Tick both the Show current channel and the Use offline data boxes. Change the Offline EPG storage path to /tmp/ (this is picked from a drop down box when you press OK on it). Choose the number of days you want to store EPG data for, up to 8 days. Press the red button, switch to radio channels by pressing the TV/RAD button on the top of the remote and browse to the HipHop channel on astra2 @ 28.2E and press OK. IN the box to the right of this, choose UK and press OK. Ensure everything looks like the image below, and once youre happy, press the blue button to save

NOW REBOOT YOUR RECEIVER!
Once it restarts, press the yellow button on the remote to access your plugins menu, highlight WeekEPG 3.3b and press OK and a small popup box will appear, press UP so that SETUP is highlighted and press OK, you will now see the WeekEPG setup screen again. If you want to change what channel EPG data it downloads, you can by pressing the yellow button, but I leave it as default, which is 602 channels.
Now you want to download the EPG data directly from the satellite, press the green button, and a confirmation box will appear, press green again to start downloading the data

As the data downloads, it will tell you on the screen how many titles, and how many summaries it has found, this can take a few minutes, so be patient, it will return to the setup screen once completed

Once this is complete, press exit until you are out of all menu’s.
Now to use the EPG is simple, press the yellow button for your plugin menu, highlight WeekEPG and press OK. It will open up with a channel list on the left, the guide for the channel you are watching on the right, and coloured options across the bottom. You navigate around the channels on the left, and the live guide on the right by using the UP and DOWN arrows, and OK to switch between sides. You can zap straight to a programme by pressing the number 1 button.
Pressing the red button will add all of the information for the highlighted programme to a timer event window, all you then need to do is press the green button to confirm and add the event.

From the EPG window, you can also press the number 2 button to view all timers that you have set

Again, from the main EPG window, pressing the green button will bring up a summary of the highlighted programme in the main EPG window
The

The yellow button can show you every programme on every channel starting at a specific time, to use this feature, you have to exit the main EPG window, and choose one of your channel boquets, then when it returns you to the EPG, press yellow, and select a time, the right hand side will then tell you every programme, and what channel its on, highlight the one you want, and press the number 1 button to zap straight to it.

The blue button changes the day, press blue, select the day, and the main EPG window will show you what programmes are showing, you can then set timers from the red button

If your receiver loses its power, or is rebooted, as the EPG data is held in the /tmp/ folder, you will need to download the data again, as at the top of this tutorial. Future UR images will be able to use permanent storage for this data via one of the USB ports (on TM600 model only)
I hope this helps you
Digidude