Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
I'm getting the impression that Quality Control (In every sense) is not a priority for Inverto.

A

Archive4

Somewhat related, the BU twin I bought was great on 28e ...for a week or so, then the V levels went down the drain when sat levels went beyond a certain point. H remained strong and fine.

Then moved it to 19e, were it performed well for that easy job with high levels. But later 'something' happened again, and had to set a riduculous skew to get a tolerable V\H level balance. Performs ok, but will have to get a new one (and hopefully better) to test on 28e low levels someday.
Due to the close up, cannot actually see the amount of skew required to get result. Looks almost normal from my aspect assuming a static dish, not a motorised. That said, we are poles apart in satellite terms!

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
I'm getting the impression that Quality Control (In every sense) is not a priority for Inverto.

Seem to remember the earlier models ( less probs and more sensitive ) were manufactured in Korea, the newer versions are Chinese:eek:

Might be wrong:-doh

Regards

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
Due to the close up, cannot actually see the amount of skew required to get result.

Started up 0 skew and was fine. After some time, had to add skew to compenaste for loss of V level, - at the detriment of H level - . So something in the lnb internals is drifting out. Same on both outputs. Any other lnb tested on the same dish\sat fine with next to 0 skew.

No problem to use it on 19e, tons of signal there, but completely useless on 28e.

Attachments

• ibu2v2.JPG
    ibu2v2.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 16

william-1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
OP Gibertini 100 XP+ Inverto Black Ultra Lnb
Superior Dark Motor (160° max)
(50 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+Optima (A/B switch) Edision primo IP S2

Raven 88cm Mesh Dish + IBU Twin output
Stab100 H to H (120° max)
(53 east to 45 west)
Octagon SX88+ Ultra HD (A/B switch) Golden Interstar Alpha_X
My Location
Epping Forest Essex
Seem to remember the earlier models ( less probs and more sensitive ) were manufactured in Korea, the newer versions are Chinese:eek:

Might be wrong:-doh

Regards

Yes the Chinese are responsible for downgrading a lot of satellite equipment previously made in South Korea using cheaper parts & inferior construction resulting in a less reliable product :eek:

A

Archive4

Started up 0 skew and was fine. After some time, had to add skew to compenaste for loss of V level, - at the detriment of H level - . So something in the lnb internals is drifting out. Same on both outputs. Any other lnb tested on the same dish\sat fine with next to 0 skew.

No problem to use it on 19e, tons of signal there, but completely useless on 28e.
From which I assume this is on your motorised dish?
I have found on mine that to get the best result on 28.2 - 28.5 a very marginal skew is required, but does not seem to cause a detrimental affect on other sats on the arc

4wd

Getting the picture
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
5 W, 9-13-19-28 E
My Location
Bergen, Norway \ Alpes Maritimes, France
From which I assume this is on your motorised dish?
Only used on fixed. Wavef. T90. Previously on Fam 125 where it performed very well for a week before V failings started. And 100% sure its the lnb, tested on 4 different receivers, and swapped lnb's etc.

Major disapointment with the BU twin, but will get a new one someday and give it another chance (as in #3).

The BU single here is very good (with low levels), & got 2 Quads that have been solid and stable (but those not the best for low levels).

Last edited:

skomedal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
This and that
My Location
thule
Yes the Chinese are responsible for downgrading a lot of satellite equipment previously made in South Korea using cheaper parts & inferior construction resulting in a less reliable product :eek:

Thus moral is:-

Avoid satellite related equipment maufactured in PRC along side rubbish/shoddy steel and rubber products from that location:-ohcrap

Just my opinion:-rofl2

Regards

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well, having read the experiences of others, I shall try summat else.

Maybe the GI if I can get one - there seems to be one solitary eBay Seller, in Ireland.

Otherwise, I fancy the Vision Digital 0.1dB (Allegedly) Twin at £8.90 delivered from t'Netherlands.

A

Archive4

Damm, I just ordered 2000 condoms from the PRC to use as weather protectors for my exposed LNB´S
Another waste of money I guess!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
I'll be going to mother Russia in July - maybe I should stock up on these GIs...

Had two IBUs fail on me - both singles. One simply died without warning and the other one was losing signal every minute or so for a few seconds gradually getting worse.

Annoying as they really are decent LNBs. That said, I have an Invacom C120 on my Fibo 90 as IBU's replacement and it performs just as well.

Last edited:
A

Archive4

Well, having read the experiences of others, I shall try summat else.

Maybe the GI if I can get one - there seems to be one solitary eBay Seller, in Ireland.

Otherwise, I fancy the Vision Digital 0.1dB (Allegedly) Twin at £8.90 delivered from t'Netherlands.
PM me, the shop is just up road from me!

Pipedream

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
0.9-1.2 & 2.2 precision dishes TM5402 mk3 TM5302 & V8 Golden
My Location
Sheffield
As everything these days is manufactured in China the quality suffers. stb's aswell as lnb's

A

Archive4

I'll be going to mother Russia in July - maybe I should stock up on these GIs...

Had two IBUs fall on me - both singles. I've simply died without warning and the other one was losing signal every minute or so for a few seconds gradually getting worse.

Annoying as they really are decent LNBs. That said, I have an Invacom C120 on my Fibo 90 as IBU's replacement and it performs just as well.
CJ, please read and re-write your last post, if two LNB´s fell on you and then you died , who the hell wrote the post!

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Oops! Phone auto correct....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
A

archive10

guys - really doesn't matter if it's brand X or Y.
You get what you pay for.
EUR 10? EUR 20?
Upscale LNAs from Norsat and others start at EUR 100.

Consumer LNBs: They're all made in China (or Russia, apparently). For EUR 10, I'll happily change once a year. Or more often. Doesn't matter. It's cheap compared to the time spent fiddling....

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
The voice of reason. Bravo :)