weird problem/question :)

jacksonsaxon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Platinum FW1200
My Location
Mid East
first of all, this is my first post, my name is jason and im from lebanon
so basically i have this receiver, with a coaxial cable connected from thr roof. not sure if its a dish on the roof or an antenna.(living in apartment block, 80% sure its antenna)
basically, before we got the receiver we used to get channels from this guy in the neighborhood who distributed channels to everyone, by plugging in the coaxial cable in the back of the tv, discovery channel and stuff like that.
we bought the receiver because the guy said the picture becomes clearer. so the same coaxial cable is now plugged into the receiver, clear picture and all that. now i got around 200 channels with a few naughty channels. problem is, i deleted the naughty channels and now want them back :p
here is the information i can provide about the "normal" channels though. they run from 762 Mhz to 874 Mhz, symbol rate 6.875 Mbaud and QAM 64
I tried retuning at 6.875 and qam 64 to find the channels i deleted but they didnt show up 'O'-red, the receiver supports tuning from 0 - 9.999 mbaud, and it has 16, 32, 64, 128, 256 QAM
any idea what settings such as frequency, symbol rate and QAM i should use to locate them again? or do i have to try random numbers till i die from old age
thanks in advance for your help ;)

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
This sounds like a c a b l e related problem, and it is not allowed to be discussed.
Thread should be closed.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Can you not call the guy who originally fitted the system ?