Well what do you....

un4gvn

Learning everyday........
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB500S (Alps tuner)- VBox II-2m Cheapo prime focus-heavy duty 24" actuator-Universal Quad invacom LNB-SkyStar2-Linksys router-2 PC's and some other stuff I'm hiding from the Mrs.........
My Location
CY
Well what do you know, I finally have some free time to type a few words in here. I have been busy dreaming ;) for the last 5 days and man what a learning curve lol.
First, let me introduce myself, the name is un4gvn :-doh! , living in nicosia, Cyprus.
Pround owner of a baby 7020s + 160GB HD - V-Box III Moteck - 2 meter cheapo prime focus dish - invacom twin universal lnb ( one end going to the 7020 and another going to my sat pc card, dont wanna fight with the mrs for channels ).

I managed to learn and do everything on my own (yeah baby) THANKSto this forum and the great minds in it. Lots of reading, smoking, scratching my head, aspirin was involved and you have to bless the person who came up with the "search" button :-clap .Thank you guys....

Now if I may , I will try to add some of the problems I experienced during my dreaming period in the hopes it will help someone avoid smoking an extra pack of marlboros.

I did not want to wipe out the original 7020 image (being new and all) but it had an old firmware version dated March, so I downloaded the newest one
dm7020-20050628203759.nfi. Problem #1 : when you use the latest image, the username is root BUT the password area has to be left blank :-comp .
who knew arggggg 3 hours wasted..

Then I got myself a USB stick 512 ( this was before I got the hard drive ) , so I decided to use the stick, loaded with as many images as it would let me and start playing (multiboot). Problem #2 : flashwizard and flashwizard pro do not work for the 7020 series (tested maybe 20 times). your only choice would be to use miniroot0.18.
Miniroot will install fine, you can use it's web interface to format the USB stick if you want, install the images on the stick and has some other things you can use it for. Problem #3 : some or should I say MANY images don't work with miniroot (example Hydra phoenix109,PI2,Tril) they just hang on boot up. The one I had luck with is gemini2.20. works like a charm.
so, why would I use a usb stick for just one image? no thank you. I flashed the gemini220 straight.
how to is here: yazoo post #3 http://www.satellites.co.uk/php-bin/forum/showthread.php?t=47010&highlight=flash+image

I used the blue button on the remote, downloded everything I might need for my dreaming (cams,cam config,keys etc..) and I know for sure that tonight, I will be in bed by midnight and not in front of my pc with words why-how-but-wait on my lips :-cheers .

To recap quickly:

*flashwizard and flashwizar pro = no no for the 7020s.
*miniroot = too buggy (maybe your are a lucky person, try it).
*with the latest official image, username is root/password is blank(empty).
*gemini220 image is stable (it's been 4 days now) and I like it, use the blue button and download away.
*Dreambox edit is a MUST for any DB owner.
*some images work and some don't. keep trying.
*PLEASE scan everything you download before opening or installing, got saved twice by my anti-virus software.
Now if only someone can come up with a proggy to save my dish positions so I won't have to do it again after flashing an image lol.

PS: for anyone in Cyprus interested, I 'm watching everything from 30W to
45E crystal clear.

Sorry for the long post, I just hope it will help someone like I was helped by the many posts in here.

A big thank you to yazooo-BGonastick-tiggy-T_G-rolfw-
costas3d-gameboy-PCD and the list goes on and on. Thank you

I will for sure ask some questions in the near future as I still have not figured a few things out. but for the time being, I'm taking a well deserved break, dreaming of course, lol.

twag42

Reaction score
My Location
Amsterdam,Holland
enjoy your viewing,you deserve it after all that.i know what youve been through.i too have smoked extra packs of ciggys and been up all night several times.i too have things under control,so i get to enjoy the hard work ive also put in.

TWAG

ps- the mrs is also happy im coming to bed at a more reasonable time as well :-)

Tiggy

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
un4gvn said:
Sorry for the long post, I just hope it will help someone like I was helped by the many posts in here.

A big thank you to yazooo-BGonastick-tiggy-T_G-rolfw-
costas3d-gameboy-PCD and the list goes on and on. Thank you

Wishing you happy dreams un4gvn.

Glad that some info helped. We have all been new at one time and with new software coming out frequently we all need the help of others sometime.

Regards,
Tiggy
:-welcome :-Welcome1

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
Holy mother, someone has referred to something I've written...I have arrived! Mate, I was as new to this a month ago as you are. You are the kind of poster I love :rolleyes: , you didn't blunder in here asking questions that have been answered previously, but took the time to experience it all yourself, the best way to fully understand your dreambox! Congratulations, fully enjoy your dreamboxing, everything you have experienced is something I have noticed and completely agree with. If anythjng crops up, as no doubt it will with some of us or you, am sure we can all sort it.